Incessant Door Ajar Beeping

2016taco216

Hello all. First time visitor and poster. I searched the forums and haven't seen on anything on this, but my apologies if I missed something.

I have never paid attention to the fact that I typically turn my car off and open the door about the same time. This means that about every other time I in fact open my door before I actually turn off my ignition. For the first 35 years of my driving time it hasn't been a problem, but now my truck feels a need to point it out with the constant door ajar alarm.

Odd part: If any other door opens before the drivers door does, it doesn't happen.

The dealer said this is operating as designed....is that true? Drives me bat **** crazy when I'm rummaging to get something out and that thing won't stop.
Has anyone found the beeper? Is it the same beeper as the BSM beeper?

Thanks. The other threads confirmed that I'm not the only one having issues with the door wind noise and the BSM failing and needing tuned (3x's)

Thank you again
Heath

Easy solution - turn the truck off before opening the driver's door. It only dings if door is opened while truck is running.

Huh. Mine doesn't. If i turn off the truck before opening the drivers door, no chime on mine. But if i open my door before turning truck off it chimes until i shut the door.

It is annoying. A year later the truck has me trained to shut the engine down before opening the door about 90% of the time. The other 10% i just shut the door real quick and reopen.

Back