Interior Cubby Light

13heads

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a 2018 TRD Off Road. I'm wondering about the light above the wireless charger cubby area.

#1. Can it be turned off?
#2. If so where?
#3. Is there a replacement bulb in a different color?

Thank you!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a 2018 TRD Off Road. I'm wondering about the light above the wireless charger cubby area.

#1. Can it be turned off?
#2. If so where?
#3. Is there a replacement bulb in a different color?

Thank you!
I feel like @Bogunn might know this...

I assume it could be done. It’s just a small round plastic cover over a bulb. It has to be replaceable.
The brake light repair tape is an easier option for sure. Lol.
I’d just try to cut it pretty flush around the light with an exacto knife or something.
No one will see it but it would drive me crazy knowing it looks janky.

I assume it could be done. It’s just a small round plastic cover over a bulb. It has to be replaceable.
The brake light repair tape is an easier option for sure. Lol.
I’d just try to cut it pretty flush around the light with an exacto knife or something.
No one will see it but it would drive me crazy knowing it looks janky.
I think I'll stuff my camera in there and take a better look at it. I'm with you about the janky part! Good thing I have short term memory loss lol

I think I'll stuff my camera in there and take a better look at it. I'm with you about the janky part! Good thing I have short term memory loss lol

It’s about an inch in diameter bubbled plastic cover. I don’t know if it’s a halogen or LED (I assume halogen since all the other interior bulbs are).
I’ve looked at it because it has aggravated me too the way it reflects off the phone screen while charging.

It’s about an inch in diameter bubbled plastic cover. I don’t know if it’s a halogen or LED (I assume halogen since all the other interior bulbs are).
I’ve looked at it because it has aggravated me too the way it reflects off the phone screen while charging.
What did you do to resolve it?

You'd think they'd let us turn it off lol

What did you do to resolve it?

You'd think they'd let us turn it off lol

Nothing. Lol. I just quit charging my phone there if it’s reflecting too bad.
I’m gonna have to look at it closer. It’s one of those things you don’t think about until it aggravates you.

Nothing. Lol. I just quit charging my phone there if it’s reflecting too bad.
I’m gonna have to look at it closer. It’s one of those things you don’t think about until it aggravates you.
It only aggravates me at night lol

Back