iPad Mini In Dash Mount?

Torchy

I have an iPad mini with a 3G connection. I'd like to figure out a way to mount it in my dash seamlessly (so it looks built in). That way I can have maps, auto, and other stuff at my finger tips.

Anyone know of a good solution for this?

That's something I'd like info on as well. I've seen some installs done with full size iPads and to me that was to big. I think an iPad min could be perfect. Man... I want that just thinking about it!

Sounds expensive but cool. I'm guess you'd need to pay for the 3g connection just for your truck. Not sure I could swallow an expense like that.

I have a panavise mount that allows you to mount anything to it, I have a cell phone holde on it right now but they make mounts for an ipad, its not in dash but its pretty cool
P4030119_zps52ba830b.jpg

P4030125_zpsfd8255cc.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice mount and I could see an iPad Mini fitting in there nicely. I guess you'd still need bluetooth or some other connection kit to take full advantage of it though.

It shouldn't be to hard to do. I mounted a lowrance hds-7 in my dash. Its a large unit and required a lot of cutting. But the iPad shouldn't require cutting at all do to it being thin. I will post pics tommorow of my dash and console. And list the products and tools I used.

Here is what I did. I used a dremel and file. But I don't think u will need to cut anything due to it being so thin and light. I also moved the stereo in the lower console and made a face plate.

Attachments

• IMG-20130409-00256.jpg
    IMG-20130409-00256.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-20130409-00257.jpg
    IMG-20130409-00257.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 33
I have a panavise mount that allows you to mount anything to it, I have a cell phone holde on it right now but they make mounts for an ipad, its not in dash but its pretty cool
P4030119_zps52ba830b.jpg

I tried my ipad on a Panavise and it jiggled way, WAY too much, even on smooth roads...it got a harmonic vibration to it. I don't think they are designed for that much weight. I probably could have added a couple more screws to it...but decided to design something else for myself. I plan to start producing it and selling it soon.

The current Tacoma Magazine has a write up of an install. It's not the cleanest in my opinion...and I don't care for it. I was hoping for something that looked more integrated...like in2nits does.

http://www.tacomamag.com/

Back