Is Entune a useful tool?

Craig

Just took delivery of a 19 Tacoma Sport 4x4. Wanted opinions of other Tacoma owners - is Entune a useful tool? Wanted some feedback before downloading the app. - Thanks!

Just took delivery of a 19 Tacoma Sport 4x4. Wanted opinions of other Tacoma owners - is Entune a useful tool? Wanted some feedback before downloading the app. - Thanks!

Yeah. It’s useful. Download the app and play with it a little. Link your music accounts, etc.
congratulations on the new truck and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your new Toy!

Entune....I dunno. I don’t use Slacker or NPR and I’d just as soon use the Google machine to find a good meal. I got tired of cycling thru apps I don’t want. Shame they got rid of Pandora.

Download it. Try it. Its free. It’s easy enough to delete. Or keep it if it’s useful.

Only you will know if it works for you.

I have a 17 and for some reason it doesn’t automatically link to my phone all the time. Gets annoying while I’m driving but don’t know if it’s just me not knowing how to use it or if that’s how it is.

I have a 17 and for some reason it doesn’t automatically link to my phone all the time. Gets annoying while I’m driving but don’t know if it’s just me not knowing how to use it or if that’s how it is.

Mine has always automatically linked in two vehicles I’ve had it in. As long as I’m signed into the app.

Mine has always automatically linked in two vehicles I’ve had it in. As long as I’m signed into the app.

So before u start driving u open the Entune app on ur phone? I thought I could just get in and start driving without opening app.

I had problems with my iPhone X. Dealer rebooted power twice and then did a complete reboot of whole truck (relearn transmission shifting....grrrr) but it finally hooks first time every time.
That’s my experience

Do you need the App to do an UPDATE on the radio? I've checked several times and the UPDATE button doesn't highlight to allow an update. Am I doing sumthin wrong??

As long as the app is signed in the radio will update as needed off the phone data.
The last update was about a week ago. It’ll let you know.

No the app connects when you turn your truck on.

Something is up with mine than. When I start my truck I checked my phone and it automatically connects to Entune. Everything looks good but no music comes on. It shows a music artist but it’s like it’s frozen until I open Pandora a couple times. Hard to do when I’m on the road lol maybe it tries to connect to something else other than Pandora and gets confused or something I don’t know.

Something is up with mine than. When I start my truck I checked my phone and it automatically connects to Entune. Everything looks good but no music comes on. It shows a music artist but it’s like it’s frozen until I open Pandora a couple times. Hard to do when I’m on the road lol maybe it tries to connect to something else other than Pandora and gets confused or something I don’t know.

Probably need to update because pandora is gone now with the latest update.

Downloaded the app. Went out and turned on bluetooth on the phone and radio. Hit ADD to link and won't go. Any tips???

Back