Is it really 87 octane?

87 is 87 Octane. I have seen lower ratings out west such as 85 and 86 and the pumps were marked accordingly. It is federal law to have advertised ratings accurate. I always use 87 OCT ....higher octane will only adjust your computerized firing of ignition and will not really improve performance or economy to a noticeable extent which means you would be wasting your money to buy higher than 87 but DO NOT USE LESS THAN 87 Octane.

That's what I wanted to hear. thanks
I live in colorado and 85 is the regular here. Mid grade is 87. Running 85 will work but just like the manufacturer recommends 87 you run 87. 89 is fine but 91 and up you will not gain anything besides draining your wallet. Your best bet is 87 ethanol free aka clear gas. But need to also use tier 1 gas. When i ran 91 clear in my focus st (turbo) I gained about 2 mpg and car ran better. Ethanol is bad in general. So stick to 87 or 89. Don't use premium. I have some websites you can look at if you like. Hope that helps

Toptiergas.com. good read with stations that are top tier certified.
Pure-gas.org is where you will find ethanol free gas.
You can google about the octane ratings and why you shouldn't use premium unless stated on your vehicle.
Basically I kinda told you what you needed to know, i just figured having the site's you can read yourself and go from there.
What state do you live in?

Back