Tacoma as a DD

• Yes

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

NJtacoma

Rocking a Taco Since 2000
Like the title says do you use your truck as your daily driver? I am driving mine as my DD but thinking about picking up something with better MPG and using the truck on weekends.

Last edited:
No I only drive my new 2013 Tacoma on weekends...want to save the mileage.
My other driver is my 1985 Toyota 4x4 or my 1974 Dodge Power Wagon.

Weekends and Thursdays for mine. Other than that it's my wife's CRV that we Carpool in. I'd rather drive it every day but 50+ miles commute the gas kills.....

It's my going to school/going out vehicle.

I have a work truck for work, sometimes I take the Tacoma depending on that days plans I have or if I'm already going in that direction for family stuff

I got mine mainly to do long distance trips across the mountains (Alberta to BC) and for basic yard work. Turns out I love it so bloody much I seem to be finding reasons to drive her every day! Good thing it's a 5-lug...MUCH better on gas that way. Just got 27mpg on my last trip without breaking a sweat. :)

Unfortunately. Wish I could put less miles on my truck per year, but I commute with her and then all my weekend stuff too.

Damn that is very impressive, I get a whopping 16 mpg. :cool2:

I know! I was doing backflips when I calculated that mileage! Keep in mind that's also 100% highway.

I had been looking at an FJ Cruiser and a TRD access cab, but when I saw they mileage they got in the real world... :cry:

I'm pretty happy with my 5-lugger. :thumbsup:

I use my 06 SR5 TRD off-road to commute 5x a week....about 25 miles round trip. The gas mileage is about 18-20 depending on how push it down the interstate. That said, I've only got 50K on it right now too. It was purchased as a daily driver and I intend to drive it until she rots away.

Sorta kinda I drive it alot but I also have a beater car the salt in the winter is bad here so I try to run the car in the winter when the roads aren't that slick.

Like the title says do you use your truck as your daily driver? I am driving mine as my DD but thinking about picking up something with better MPG and using the truck on weekends.

That is why I bought the Tacoma.....:laughing: after putting 14k mi on the Land Cruiser in about 15months it was time.

Back