JBL, non JBL

jdr3366

I'm thinking of swapping out my 6 speakers.

Does it matter of my set up is JBL? If so, why?

I have a 17TRDSport. I don't see JBL emblems. Should I have them?

It will have JBL on the head unit and on the door panels where the speakers are. You will also have an 8” sub behind the rear drivers side seat.

Doesn't matter but you aren't getting that big of a sound improvement because you are limited by the power from the amp. I don't think there's anything better for the OEM sub enclosure because it is a small sub.

No emblems, no JBL.

It will have JBL

Nah, I have none of that. I would have thought that with a TRD Sport I would get that upgrade. I got lots of other stuff: moon roof, orange ring around the dash, seat heaters, orange stitching around the seats, push button start... spare tire, etc. no sub enclosure.

But that's another story.

So, there's lots of discussion about this, but in simple English, please, what speakers should I order???

We ordered OEM Audio plus speakers and couldn’t be happier with the sound and the ease of installation. We just bought the 6 speakers and will add the amp and sub down the road and the improve the was dramatic. Enjoy!

Ps: I was in the high end audio business for 20 years, I know. Little about this.

Nah, I have none of that. I would have thought that with a TRD Sport I would get that upgrade. I got lots of other stuff: moon roof, orange ring around the dash, seat heaters, orange stitching around the seats, push button start... spare tire, etc. no sub enclosure.

So, there's lots of discussion about this, but in simple English, please, what speakers should I order???
You have the tech package. The JBL comes with the premium.

We ordered OEM Audio plus speakers and couldn’t be happier with the sound and the ease of installation. We just bought the 6 speakers and will add the amp and sub down the road and the improve the was dramatic. Enjoy!

Ps: I was in the high end audio business for 20 years, I know. Little about this.
It looks like a nice set up.

IMG_0428.jpgIMG_0427.jpg

Yep. Like @OR17TRD said. You need the premium package for the JBL.
I’m happy with the JBL setup in my truck but if I was to upgrade it wouldn’t be to the current OEM JBL setup.
Listen to these guys. They’ll save you money and improve your listening experience.

Kicker speaker upgrade is a great cheap up grade to the system.

So you were trying to upgrade to the JBL?

No, not to JBL, specifically. Now that I got past buying a Raptor, I need something else to fill my time, and speaker upgrade caught my attention.

Haven't heard back from OEM about cost of 6 speakers. But yes, I'm betting they will be comparatively expensive.

I'll stop by the local Subaru dealer today and get a price.

Back