Jeep to Tacoma?

I've seen several people talk about the jeeps they used to have, and I was wondering how many of you out there switched from a jeep to a Taco? I did a couple of months ago. Still getting used to it.

Congrats on the upgrade. Most people are brand loyal. The people I know love their jeeps and don't like Toyota and vise versa. My uncle had many jeeps in the 70's and 80's.Pick up trucks and a cj-5 while his buddies ran cj's his one friend rolled his cj-7 a few times before eventually got flopped out of it and broke several bones. The 7's were notorious for flipping. I have a original warn 8724 branded jeep from my uncle's cj-5 but just have it sitting on the bench.

What do you do with the sheep when you tackle them? :whistling2:

Last edited:
I went from a 2005 Rubicon 6spd 35's long arm suspension Fox shocks ect... 11mpg on a good day, to a 2013 Taco access cab 6spd TRD, I don't miss my Jeep on the freeway or around town. So far 100% happy with my decision.

A Wrangler was one of my vehicle choices before purchasing my Tacoma but I'm glad I didn't get it. I would rather have a more street friendly vehicle than a full offroader. My Taco gets me where I dare to go but if I ever needed more capability I would get a Wrangler and flat tow it behind the Taco.

I bought a '98 TJ in 2000, traded it for a brand new 2011 JKU(that would be a 4 door) in 2011. I was pretty much a Jeep guy the entire 21st century. Got my TRD OR on June 1st of this year. Wow, two brand new vehicles in a row. As most of y'all know, just like the Tacoma's, Jeeps hold their value very well. Anyway, liked my Jeeps a whole lot, but lovin my Tacoma. One thing about Jeeps though, you can mod them to death. Numerous catalogs that are Jeep specific. I was just ready to get back to a truck. It's nice to have a bed to plunk stuff into, albeit a very small bed.

i traded in a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited for my 2013 Tacoma Double cab, long box. Only thing I really miss is the heated steering wheel.

While we're on the subject of jeeps, my brother's just arrived in my garage, we're building/upgrading the front axle and suspension. The 220v mig machine should be here soon.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1387729650.184299.jpg

I bought a black 2008 2 door Rubicon new. Kept it until Dec 2013 when I got my 2014 TRD Sport. My Jeep was mint condition, never off road, under 38,000 miles when I traded it in on the Tacoma.

The reason I traded it in? It was 50 percent loser in steering/handling than when I got it. I had checked out everything under it I could, everything was within specs and looked good.

There was no way it was going to hold up for another five years. Plus the dealership was worthless. I needed to make some long range plans and I did not feel the Jeep was the best bet.

I think I have this problem answered.

I have a 4 dr 2012 Wrangler Sport with 3200 miles. Its my weekend ride. My 2wd 2003 Prerunner is my everyday driver.

Both rock and I honestly hope I have both until I die!

Never had a jeep but I wheel with a bunch of lifted jeeps in my strock 14 region cab and I am able to do 90 % of the trails at Kimball Bottoms OHV in North Dakota

Back