Just a little trail carnage...

longshore

20170808_081643.jpg20170808_081636.jpg

Went around some rocks on the left and what looked like a rooted tree really was a loose log that rolled when I drove up on a part of it. My bad. The scuffs will rub out but the creases will always tell me I shoulda got sliders...20170805_154308.jpg

But to get here you gotta take some chances. 8500ft headwaters of the Carson River...

Ouch. I've done that myself on my month old Tacoma. I put a $900 door scrape in the driver door while in a tight spot. I had it fixed ($900) and then had AP sliders installed (another $900) and don't even do that type of wheeling anymore.

KP
Not as much as I thought it would actually. Sounds weird I know...

Last edited:
Ouch. I've done that myself on my month old Tacoma. I put a $900 door scrape in the driver door while in a tight spot. I had it fixed ($900) and then had AP sliders installed (another $900) and don't even do that type of wheeling anymore.
I probably have double that (more most likely) but since I didn't tear any sheet metal just gonna buff that **** out lol. A strip of black bed liner around the bottom of the truck will go a long way to hiding this...

I probably have double that (more most likely) but since I didn't tear any sheet metal just gonna buff that **** out lol. A strip of black bed liner around the bottom of the truck will go a long way to hiding this...

Mine was higher up and I couldn't stand looking at it. It was definitely a costly mistake.

Always good to have a spotter on those tight spots. I had my seat belt chime turned off for that reason I tend to hang out the window when I'm going through stuff like that. That chime is annoying when you're trying to concentrate and keep an eye on hazards.
That's a Bummer man! But... Sounds like you might get some rock sliders out of it. :)
Can't say you don't use your truck. Scars to prove it.

Always good to have a spotter on those tight spots. I had my seat belt chime turned off for that reason I tend to hang out the window when I'm going through stuff like that. That chime is annoying when you're trying to concentrate and keep an eye on hazards.

Problem there is if you flip the truck, you may fall out of it.

Problem there is if you flip the truck, you may fall out of it.
I don't wheel my truck to that extrem. I'm not worried about flipping or falling out of it. Worst case I'm usually on tight forest roads when I'm hanging out the window. Avoiding fallen trees and other hazards. They can get pretty cozy at times. I always have an ax, hatchet and a machete, sometimes a chain saw. I've had to cut the trails wider a few times. I've got some nice pin striping along my fender flares from tree branches and bushes but fingers crossed I don't ever end up with a longshore. My side steps would take some of that, not much before my body. Rock sliders would be ideal.

Interesting...when I'm in 4lo my chimer don't chime. But you're right...my spotter was in his Blazer up ahead of me. This is the 3rd time the Tacoma has been back in here and the first two times was before the lift...think I got over confident?? The kid didn't tear up nothin on the old Chevy...
20170804_135924.jpg

Last edited:
Back