Just Purchaced a 1st generation Tacoma!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Joseph Lefebvre, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Hello all,
    Just picked up a cherry 2003 Tacoma Doublecab Limited 4wd TRD. Has the locking rear diff. Only 108k miles. One owner truck.
    New Wipers, Oil change, Air filter, Valve cover and gasket, timing belt, Water pump,Front brake pads and rotors turned, Battery, Full alignment (toe, camber, caster, steering). I had them put it on a lift and the frame is immaculate. Perks of being a North Carolina truck. It also came with a 30k mile/3 year powertrain and electronics warranty! Always wanted a first Genny and now I have one. Figured I’d join a forum and join the Tacoma family! Any tips and advice moving forward ? Thanks for lookin.
    - Joe

70CD6D75-574F-4D61-95FD-1F61B4464C5A.jpeg CC266AD0-FB72-4AD3-B97E-B1671E9266A3.jpeg B912C8CE-CB96-4EDB-BC8F-B6F3A56C8EC2.jpeg
    7A84D470-9336-4544-8D72-57A07709D678.jpeg

JonRod, OR17TRD, kp.taco and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mhinson79

mhinson79 Well-Known Member

Very nice

4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

It looks like you picked up a pristine first gen. Congrats and welcome to the forum. Beautiful truck.

5. SCH

SCH Well-Known Member

Sweet! Enjoy.

6. Tacomaholic

Tacomaholic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! Wow looks like a clean truck.

7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Want to sale it? I know a few buyers haha. J/K...
    Congrats man that’s crazy low miles. That thing will last you another 200k miles if you continue to take care of it. Welcome to the forum.

8. OP
    Joseph Lefebvre

Joseph Lefebvre Member

Thanks guys. I’m thinking about removing the nerf bars as I find them awkward and relativity useless. They look kinda cool though I guess. I’m definitely going to be getting an access roll up tonneau cover instead of the fiberglass one. It is for sale. Should I post it on the classifieds here?

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  9. OR17TRD

You can post it in the classifieds I suggest pictures. They help. I would also put in on your local Craigslist. If you sale your nerf bars it will help pay for some rock sliders. :)

4wd likes this.
  10. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Nice find & welcome fellow 1st genner...

11. OR17TRD

If you have any questions about modification or hacks for your truck @4wd ^^ is the guy to ask.

4wd and Bogunn like this.
  12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yep. @4wd is definitely the first gen resident expert.

4wd and OR17TRD like this.
  13. OR17TRD

It might take a little for his Tandy 1000 to log on so be patient.

4wd and Bogunn like this.
  14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

@4wd likes his older trucks and old computers. He just upgraded from a punch card computer. IMG_0899.JPG

4wd and OR17TRD like this.
  15. OP
    Joseph Lefebvre

Joseph Lefebvre Member

old school is the only school

4wd likes this.
  16. OP
    Joseph Lefebvre

Joseph Lefebvre Member

Anybody know how to get off these Stone guards from the rear fender flares? It’s like a decal/skateboard griptape like thing and it’s crackled, dry and grey at this point . Really bothers me

17. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

If your talking about "de-badging" get some fishing line (6# - 10# test) & a blow drier (don't use heat gun unless very good at it) Heat the area on edges of decal , once you get a corner curling up take fishing line with both hands & get the line underneath & it'll peel off very easy without scratching or scarring paint...

18. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bogoon strikes again, haha...:D

kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  19. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Oh I mis read, but still give this a try, it may come off anyway...