Just traded my 2002 Taco...

Palladium

For a 2013 Taco! I love these trucks. My 02 served me fine but with a bad knee it was time to go to an automatic.
I'm looking forward to learning its idiosyncrasies.

Congrats!
I bought a 6 speed in Jan. to replace my PreRunner. I've got a bad back and using the clutch has helped get rid of the horrible cramps I was getting in my left calf. PreRunner was an auto so was my Hi-Lux. I have to go back to my Chevelle for a stick which I parked in '94. All vehicles prior to '94 were a 4 speed or 3 on the tree. Feels good to be shifting again.
The Chevelle needs a lot of work to be street legal again. :huh: However, it is tagged and insured but driving around with open headers is a no no nowadays from what I understand.

(In my best Homer impersonation) "Awe Chevelle." Great car! Lucky you. I've always liked shifting but a.g.e. is catching up with certain parts of me. Just a couple of years ago I blew my shoulder out shifting my GTO. Now if that ain't a pi$$er. Had to drive the wife's auto while I recovered from surgery. At least this taco has a floor mounted shifter that is conducive to manual override. I like that.

I bought the Chevelle in '79 my 2nd car. Had it ever since, lots of good memories. Yeah I was going to buy another auto but really wanted a stick again and 4x4, after test driving this one I was sold. I've got 3 blown disc all lower back out the left side (work accident) so I was concerned about using a clutch but it has actually helped me. I guess the exercise is what my leg needed. Ever since I bought it the horrible cramps I got after working on my feet all day have gone away. Back is feeling a lot better also. So keeping my fingers crossed. I did have to get used to the shift points on it, but all is good now. Really enjoy driving it. Good luck with your new Taco!

I feel your pain. It's been 28 years since my last back operation... And now my knees are plaguing me. Hang in there, I'm glad shifting is helping you.
Thanks for the welcome all!!!

No operations just injections. I've been down that road 4 times since '91. Good to see another in my age bracket that can relate. Your in Colorado so that puts you in my regional group. Look forward to chatting with you there. I see you found it. :thumbsup:

That's fortunate, I hope you're lucky enough to continue to escape the knife but sometimes it's unavoidable.
Yes indeed, if I can continue in figuring out this phone app. It's not as complete as the regular computer page but its what I use most of the time. Nice meeting you too!

Back