K&N cabin air filter Part#VF2005

OR17TRD

Purchased the K&N cabin air filter for my 2017 OR
will fit 2016/2017 Tacoma's.
Part #VF2005
I found it on amazon wearhouse for $32 normally $39.99

https://www.amazon.com/VF2005-Cabin-Air-Filter/dp/B00NEL6ONO

It was easy to install.
Open glove box, to remove dividing tray, pull up on left side until tabs pop out then slide to the left to release tabs on right. It may need some strong encouraging to release tabs. image1.JPG Pull up on upper ridge to remove door to access cabin air filter coverimage2.JPG Press the two tabs on either side of air filter cover inward and pull outward to remove cover image3.JPG Remove OEM filter image4.JPG Slide K&N filter into place (note it's shape and how the OEM was removed for best fit) image5.JPG Reverse process and done image1.JPG clean yearly or as needed and never have to buy another cabin air filter.

I changed mine with an oem filter at 25k it was filthy need to replace at least every 20k.
I don't drive in dusty conditions either

I changed mine with an oem filter at 25k it was filthy need to replace at least every 20k.
I don't drive in dusty conditions either
Ive always checked mine at every oil change and usually replaced yearly. I'll just clean this one when it seems like it needs it.

Does the air flow from top to bottom or bottom to top? I just replaced mine with the idea that the air flows from the bottom to top.

Cabin filters doesn’t matter what way you put them in they are designed the same for air flow and filter.

I have the same one in my Taco. I put the sticker on the cover that comes with the filter and when I had my 10k service the guys says that my cabin filter was dirty and needed replaced. I laughed at him and told him that his tech never checked because I had just put in the K&N!

The K&N air filter is about $40. So, it's good you can reuse it.

The filter cleaning kit is $17.

Two questions.
  1. What's the active ingredient in the cleaner?
  2. What scent to they give the refreshened?

Two questions.

1. Here’s a link to the MSDS. You can’t get more info than that.
https://www.knfilters.com/msds/99-0624.pdf

2. The smell is somewhere between cat urine and formaldehyde.
(I don’t know, I’ve used k and n years ago but never remember a distinctive smell.

Two questions.
1. sodium metasilicate pentahydrate

2. Smells a little like ozone if you’ve ever smelled that. Kind of a clean ionized smell.

It fades in about a month. I only notice it for the first few weeks after cleaning the filters. You don’t have to use it. Hose it out, dry it and done.

Back