KBVOODOO bed rack

Thanks for sharing. I'm in the process of setting up a similar config. Went with the Voodoo / Max Modular 10" in aluminum for shortbox with bakflip tonneau brackets. Still trying to decide on Tent.View attachment 29424View attachment 29425View attachment 29426
Hey brooks, I'm thinking about getting the skycamp mini, I really like this especially if I can mount it like you have your Voodoo / Max Modular mounted. Is Voodoo the way to go or have you thought of or seen something else that would have worked better since you installed yours?

Thanks to sjoh527 for starting this thread, it's really up my alley in several ways.

I'm curious, you guys who have those tents.
Does the tent scratch the heck out of the box side rubbing on it?
Especially if its windy?
Do you wash your truck, before setting up the tent, so there at least isn't dirt grinding away?

Hey brooks, I'm thinking about getting the skycamp mini, I really like this especially if I can mount it like you have your Voodoo / Max Modular mounted. Is Voodoo the way to go or have you thought of or seen something else that would have worked better since you installed yours?

Thanks to sjoh527 for starting this thread, it's really up my alley in several ways.

I really like how sleek the skycamp is. While I'm happy with the quality of the voodoo rack, I probably wouldn't order again. When they shipped this to me (BTW, I'm located in Saskatchewan, Canada), it was shipped as three separate boxes. Well that was a complete F'up that cost me hundreds in customs charges. The invoice on each box showed the full value and no way to correct that it was shipped and accepted on delivery. They also never shipped the regular rack brackets even though I paid the full value for them along with the bakflip brackets. This too ended up costing more in customs charges. I'll never again purchase an expensive item like this without full control over shipping. Still if you are located in the US, the voodoo rack is an excellent option. I would personally stay away from steel and go with aluminum. Hope this helps, Brooks.

I'm curious, you guys who have those tents.
Does the tent scratch the heck out of the box side rubbing on it?
Especially if its windy?
Do you wash your truck, before setting up the tent, so there at least isn't dirt grinding away?

So far so good. You can actually tether down the annex room to keep from flapping and most times I don't even install it.

So I have a few caveats to your question about the VooDoo rack. But first let me start with I absolutely love my iKamper X-Cover. I think they absolutely killed it. If I were to do it all over again though I would go with the Skycamp so I could throw it on the wife’s Subaru. The x-cover is essentially a brick on top of the vehicle and just eats the MPG. Now back to the KBVooDoo rack. Its great for what it is and at the time of my purchase it was the only Rack I could find that would work with my Retrax Tonneau Cover. There are definitely more options out there now that I would be interested in trying instead but until the time comes to replace this rack I will say it’s a solid product. So if you don’t have a tonneau cover to worry about I’d say look at the following vendors and even ask if they have the ability to work with tonneau covers if you’re in the market for one. Vendors are Victory 4x4, CBI Fab (parent company of Prinsu) and RCI Metal Works. They all had some nice racks that look great and solid.

So far so good. You can actually tether down the annex room to keep from flapping and most times I don't even install it.

I don’t have the annex room so I’ve not had any issues. But from the pictures I’ve seen you can guy the sides out so it doesn’t contact your vehicle. I would worry too much either because the brush I go through will likely do more damage than anything the tent could do and so far it’s been unnoticeable!

Back