King coilover, rear shocks and leaf install

Take pictures and do a write up so when I do mine I’ll know what not to do haha
Hahahaha[emoji23] yea i am working on a youtube channel, so i want to make a walkaround video first to get things going. did several instals on the truck since i bought it. so getting used to talking to a camera and saying what i want to say with out talking nonesense[emoji23]. But will video the process and see how it comes out to be!

I love how instructions cant be found online and are not in the box with shocks, i mean [emoji19][emoji19][emoji33][emoji33] reallyy

Hahahaha[emoji23] yea i am working on a youtube channel, so i want to make a walkaround video first to get things going. did several instals on the truck since i bought it. so getting used to talking to a camera and saying what i want to say with out talking nonesense[emoji23]. But will video the process and see how it comes out to be!

We love nonsense, leave it in...

You will need a couple of C clamps for the AAL. We made it work with one. They aren't too crazy in price.

Nothing else specialized that you will need.

The single best tool you'll need (besides a good floor jack) is a good strap to sling the diff when lowering the axle, the first thing it wants to do is roll forward when separation from spring takes place.this is not good when it's already on jack...

I'll watch & give you my opinion & see how straight forward it is, first thing to remember is on 2nd gens/3rd gens too im assuming is the long bolt for the UCA is in backwards from factory & you'll have to pry/some have cut a bit of sheet metal back so you can get it out, but give me a minute...

Ideally, lowering anything heavy that wants to kill you should be like watching paint dry, boring & un eventfull like this...

Ok, the video is pretty straightforward & pretty doable if you have some mech. aptitude & most importantly the place & tools he also has a good idea to keep spindle out of your way, at 5:50 (or so) look at the long UCA bolt, notice where the nut is ?? Yes, backwards as you'll see...@tacomania

Ok, the video is pretty straightforward & pretty doable if you have some mech. aptitude & most importantly the place & tools he also has a good idea to keep spindle out of your way, at 5:50 (or so) look at the long UCA bolt, notice where the nut is ?? Yes, backwards as you'll see...@tacomania
Yea i looked at it this morning on the truck and the head is facing the front side going towards the back.

Back