Kings

Kenny670

Not fully knowledgeable on Kings but I know they are good all around. I was looking for atleast a 3.5in lift with them but only seem to find a 2 or 3 in lift. I was thinking of getting them and adding a spacer lift(add-on) and AAL on rear. I need opinions on this idea. If not guide me to a 3in or higher lift with Kings suspension. I’m not looking to long travel btw. (maybe in the future). Reason I want more than a 3 atleast is because I’m running a rear steel bumper and purchasing a front BAMF(steel) bumper here soon and do not want to compromise the height with a droop. TiA

They offer in 2.5 and 3. You cant put a spacer with kings, I already looked [emoji23]. Maybe let's start with the purpose of your build? Looks, mild off road, rock crawl?
Not fully knowledgeable on Kings but I know they are good all around. I was looking for atleast a 3.5in lift with them but only seem to find a 2 or 3 in lift. I was thinking of getting them and adding a spacer lift(add-on) and AAL on rear. I need opinions on this idea. If not guide me to a 3in or higher lift with Kings suspension. I’m not looking to long travel btw. (maybe in the future). Reason I want more than a 3 atleast is because I’m running a rear steel bumper and purchasing a front BAMF(steel) bumper here soon and do not want to compromise the height with a droop. TiA

They offer in 2.5 and 3. You cant put a spacer with kings, I already looked [emoji23]. Maybe let's start with the purpose of your build? Looks, mild off road, rock crawl?
Honestly, my goal is to have and not need than to need and not have. I want the best of both worlds(Looks/stance and performance) And I’m willing to pay whatever I need to within the range of $3000 for a kings susp. kit. I know icons offer a 3.5in but that’s my second option. The plan is to be an overland/bugout build. And I do occasional light off-roading not rock crawling.

Honestly, my goal is to have and not need than to need and not have. I want the best of both worlds(Looks/stance and performance) And I’m willing to pay whatever I need to within the range of $3000 for a kings susp. kit. I know icons offer a 3.5in but that’s my second option. The plan is to be an overland/bugout build. And I do occasional light off-roading not rock crawling.
I have not heard of or seen a 3.5 icon. I wouldnt recommend an icon set up either, mainly because of seeing how the top hat is just crap on it. As far as performance kings are there at the top. You also have ADS and OME with their nitrogen kit. How big of tires are you looking to add? You will need to replace your UCA. Stance can be achieved with bigger tires and spacers.

Are you going to add an aftermarket bumper? Dual batteries? Skid plates? Rock sliders? You have to take that in to consideration because all of that is weight. If you are going with 35s even 33s inch tires you will need to regear and cut to clear. The wheels you use will impact how your tires fit. Why am i telling you this, because one change will lead to another and next you know you are at least 10k in to it. That's why it's important to know what you want to do with the truck and then see from a financial perspective how to make most of your investment.

Dont be consumed by 2.5, 3, 4, and even 6 inch kits. From a 2.5 set up that I have from king and I was on 33s, i was doing anything a twin locked taco on 35s was able to do. I am still on factory gears (shame on me) and had about 500lbs of weight sitting up front plus me.

So the point being think about your set up before splashing the money. Do the math. 2.5 or the 3 would be more than enough. You have to take in to consideration as you increase your lift other components such as the cv axle angle will change by putting more stress on it at a different angle (meaning more prone to breaking)..

Hope this helps?!

For some perspective of what I do among other videos that you can check out:

I have not heard of or seen a 3.5 icon. I wouldnt recommend an icon set up either, mainly because of seeing how the top hat is just crap on it. As far as performance kings are there at the top. You also have ADS and OME with their nitrogen kit. How big of tires are you looking to add? You will need to replace your UCA. Stance can be achieved with bigger tires and spacers.

Are you going to add an aftermarket bumper? Dual batteries? Skid plates? Rock sliders? You have to take that in to consideration because all of that is weight. If you are going with 35s even 33s inch tires you will need to regear and cut to clear. The wheels you use will impact how your tires fit. Why am i telling you this, because one change will lead to another and next you know you are at least 10k in to it. That's why it's important to know what you want to do with the truck and then see from a financial perspective how to make most of your investment.

Dont be consumed by 2.5, 3, 4, and even 6 inch kits. From a 2.5 set up that I have from king and I was on 33s, i was doing anything a twin locked taco on 35s was able to do. I am still on factory gears (shame on me) and had about 500lbs of weight sitting up front plus me.

So the point being think about your set up before splashing the money. Do the math. 2.5 or the 3 would be more than enough. You have to take in to consideration as you increase your lift other components such as the cv axle angle will change by putting more stress on it at a different angle (meaning more prone to breaking)..

Hope this helps?!

For some perspective of what I do among other videos that you can check out:

Im looking to add 35s. Regear as well with 5.29s. I don’t have lockers but looking to add them in the front only. I own a 2015 SR5 DCLB with 4x4 and slip differential. It will be my build/project truck. I’ve kinda already have a knowledge of how much I would be spending but for sure ain’t gna drop 10k one shot. Progress build. If I go with kings then ofcourse I’ll need new UCAs but the icons sell compete kits just without LCAs. Yes, I will plan on adding weight as well to include bedrack roof rack, winch, rock sliders, front bumper, a RTT and maybe just bottom skid plates.

Attachments

• 95E5DED9-742B-425C-90CE-A1AE74728E23.png
    95E5DED9-742B-425C-90CE-A1AE74728E23.png
    936.5 KB · Views: 16
Little secret, I bought my kings with adjusters, AAL, icon delta joint uca (should have gotten TC) for 3400 shipped [emoji16]. I would recommend 4.88s instead of 5.29s and actually for a second gen 4.56 would be a better option as well. I would stick with either 2.5 or 3, 700lb coils to cover bumper, winch, skids, batteries. You can find good deals on 2.5s since kings dropped their 3inch kits. I would also look into ADS as well. There was a group buy going on TW with some good discounts.
Im looking to add 35s. Regear as well with 5.29s. I don’t have lockers but looking to add them in the front only. I own a 2015 SR5 DCLB with 4x4 and slip differential. It will be my build/project truck. I’ve kinda already have a knowledge of how much I would be spending but for sure ain’t gna drop 10k one shot. Progress build. If I go with kings then ofcourse I’ll need new UCAs but the icons sell compete kits just without LCAs. Yes, I will plan on adding weight as well to include bedrack roof rack, winch, rock sliders, front bumper, a RTT and maybe just bottom skid plates.

Coilovers cranked up to max height are going to ride like crap. You could go drop bracket lift if you really want that much height but it's basically irreversible because you have to cut the crossmember. I guess someone good could weld it back in. A drop bracket reduces from ground clearance though.

Little secret, I bought my kings with adjusters, AAL, icon delta joint uca (should have gotten TC) for 3400 shipped [emoji16]. I would recommend 4.88s instead of 5.29s and actually for a second gen 4.56 would be a better option as well. I would stick with either 2.5 or 3, 700lb coils to cover bumper, winch, skids, batteries. You can find good deals on 2.5s since kings dropped their 3inch kits. I would also look into ADS as well. There was a group buy going on TW with some good discounts.

Cool! What site did you get it from? I guess my mind is made in kings 3in. Can’t wait to get a kit. Btw did your kit level out your ride?

Coilovers cranked up to max height are going to ride like crap. You could go drop bracket lift if you really want that much height but it's basically irreversible because you have to cut the crossmember. I guess someone good could weld it back in. A drop bracket reduces from ground clearance though.
Yeah I don’t plan on maxed out anything. Only was looking for the extra height because of future weights going on my truck will only drop down the height.

Sorry for the late response was out of the country for a few weeks. Offroad warehouse orw.com it was sitting ok at first, however after putting in work, it started to sag in the front. Weight issues.. so reorganizing weight is my objective.
Cool! What site did you get it from? I guess my mind is made in kings 3in. Can’t wait to get a kit. Btw did your kit level out your ride?

Back