Leaf springs

Toki

What are you guys using to prevent or minimize the squeaking from the leaf springs. Sprayer some of the uniball cleaners but don’t think it was enough

Mine is starting to get annoying. Lol you can hear me squeaking up the street. I used some dry ptfe lube that I had for cleaning the uniball in uca’s maybe I didn’t hit it with enough.

Mine is starting to get annoying. Lol you can hear me squeaking up the street. I used some dry ptfe lube that I had for cleaning the uniball in uca’s maybe I didn’t hit it with enough.
You got to open them up. Jack the truck up so the axel drops and they open up.

From the previous thread it seems like people were washing between the leaf springs. I might have to do this as it seemed pretty muddy/dusty all up in there

I put the truck on some 6 ton jack stands at the frame so the suspension drooped... Used a prybar gently, and a long skinny knife... I know, it's an old pos and about as thin as 3 sheets of paper. Slid Marine grease between all leaves.

Been years, not a squeak.

I put the truck on some 6 ton jack stands at the frame so the suspension drooped... Used a prybar gently, and a long skinny knife... I know, it's an old pos and about as thin as 3 sheets of paper. Slid Marine grease between all leaves.

Been years, not a squeak.
Did you make a tutorial? Asking for a friend:p

Does 6 ton jack stand make any difference than 2 ton? Full droop is full droop no?

Did you make a tutorial? Asking for a friend:p
nah, srry mang...........it was some stupid last minute shenanigans.... I never do writeups, most ill do is take ****ty pics usually.
Does 6 ton jack stand make any difference than 2 ton? Full droop is full droop no?

From my experience looking around
6ton are MUCH taller.

2 ton wont even touch the frame fully extended with the truck sitting static.
6 ton CLOSED are as tall as fully extended 2 tons almost

Full extension on 2 ton... Barely any frame contact with truck sitting static, the tires won't come off the ground with the 2 tons on frame.
That 6 ton is fully closed
I only have a 2" lift
20181002_164926.jpg
Here's side by side extended

20181002_165009.jpg

I love the wider footprint and better build as well for the truck.

I honestly didn’t know there was that much difference. Thanks jangles
Dang that’s a big difference. My squeaking is better but still notice it at times. I must get deeper

Yeah I about **** when I went to lift the truck and have the suspension droop for the 1st time. Damn 2 tons were fully extended and when I lowered the floor jack the stands made contact with the frame but the damn tires were not off the ground.
I ended up getting an extended floor jack and still use a cpl 2x4 blocks on it.... I think it's a Craftsman. The 6 ton jack stands I got from O'Reilly's and they are awesome.

Back