Leaf springs

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Toki, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Toki

Toki Well-Known Member

What are you guys using to prevent or minimize the squeaking from the leaf springs. Sprayer some of the uniball cleaners but don’t think it was enough

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

4. OP
    Toki

Toki Well-Known Member

Mine is starting to get annoying. Lol you can hear me squeaking up the street. I used some dry ptfe lube that I had for cleaning the uniball in uca’s maybe I didn’t hit it with enough.

5. OR17TRD

You got to open them up. Jack the truck up so the axel drops and they open up.

Bojangles likes this.
  6. OP
    Toki

Toki Well-Known Member

Ok I’ll do it tonight

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. OR17TRD

Let us know if she liked it.:D

8. OP
    Toki

Toki Well-Known Member

25639962-5C4A-4388-ADA4-6CEEE9D1DC7E.jpeg I shot up that one and the one up front. Hope it helps

OR17TRD likes this.
  9. OP
    Toki

Toki Well-Known Member

From the previous thread it seems like people were washing between the leaf springs. I might have to do this as it seemed pretty muddy/dusty all up in there

OR17TRD likes this.
  10. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

I put the truck on some 6 ton jack stands at the frame so the suspension drooped... Used a prybar gently, and a long skinny knife... I know, it's an old pos and about as thin as 3 sheets of paper. Slid Marine grease between all leaves.

Been years, not a squeak.

Toki and OR17TRD like this.
  11. OR17TRD

That’s what I was suggesting. Open her up and spread it in there.

Bogunn, Toki, kp.taco and 1 other person like this.
  12. OP
    Toki

Toki Well-Known Member

Did you make a tutorial? Asking for a friend:p

13. OP
    Toki

Toki Well-Known Member

Does 6 ton jack stand make any difference than 2 ton? Full droop is full droop no?

14. Bojangles

nah, srry mang...........it was some stupid last minute shenanigans.... I never do writeups, most ill do is take ****ty pics usually.
    From my experience looking around
    6ton are MUCH taller.

2 ton wont even touch the frame fully extended with the truck sitting static.
    6 ton CLOSED are as tall as fully extended 2 tons almost

Toki and Crawdad like this.
  15. Bojangles

Full extension on 2 ton... Barely any frame contact with truck sitting static, the tires won't come off the ground with the 2 tons on frame.
    That 6 ton is fully closed
    I only have a 2" lift
    20181002_164926.jpg
    Here's side by side extended

20181002_165009.jpg

I love the wider footprint and better build as well for the truck.

Toki, Crawdad and Lil G like this.
  16. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I honestly didn’t know there was that much difference. Thanks jangles

Bojangles likes this.
  17. OP
    Toki

Toki Well-Known Member

Dang that’s a big difference. My squeaking is better but still notice it at times. I must get deeper

OR17TRD and Bojangles like this.
  18. Bojangles

Yeah I about **** when I went to lift the truck and have the suspension droop for the 1st time. Damn 2 tons were fully extended and when I lowered the floor jack the stands made contact with the frame but the damn tires were not off the ground.
    I ended up getting an extended floor jack and still use a cpl 2x4 blocks on it.... I think it's a Craftsman. The 6 ton jack stands I got from O'Reilly's and they are awesome.

OR17TRD and Toki like this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Are we still talking about tacos.... pink tacos or Tacoma’s?