Leaking tonneau

Cape taco

Morning from cape cod , so the past couple of weeks we have been dealing with so stuff on my recent taco buy , and the factory hard cover leaks like a bucket with holes . On my window sticker its a $ 650.00 option.
My wife found on page 404 of the owners manual they claim its not waterproof ! WTF the dealership did not know this are u f-ing kidding me ?
So heads up to any one getting a new truck don't spend the 650 for the cover unless you live in a dryer place than New England .thanks for letting me vent and have a good day driving you taco with a smile cuz I do :)
20180322_063800_Film1.jpg

It might need to be adjusted for a better fit. You can always sale it for $500 and put that money towards a new one.

I took it to the guy I've bought my last 2 .A RE tonneau covers from and he showed me little gaps between the panels were I could add more stick on foam gasket material like for a cap but it still leaked looks like I'll be putting money aside to get a color matched ARE cover for . $ 1250 .00 they are worth it and I 've never had a problem with them . I just sold my 03 tundra and the cover was on it since 05 when I bought it !

Are the are covers fiberglass? I’m a dumb hillbilly I could google it but it’s more fun asking. Isn’t it snowing up there?

The full fiberglass covers have to be better no seams . I like the option of folding mine up with out taking it off. I had a undercover brand on my 08 Tacoma is was nice but a work out to get it off by your self.

Back