LED headlights

I just changed out my headlights to led. Really wish they came with them. Has anyone changed there high beams? I want to do my high beams next.

I just changed out my headlights to led. Really wish they came with them. Has anyone changed there high beams? I want to do my high beams next.

If you do that, I don’t want to came across you in the other way at night!!![emoji23] I would become blind for a minute or two!! [emoji6]

I'm sticking to my regular bulbs. Seen a lot of people not liking the led's, unless their buying cheap knock offs. The negative thing they say is you can see real good far away but not close up unlike a good halogen can see good close up but not far away. Is that true? I guess if your using your fog lights all yhe time it wouldnt matter.

I bought some Sylvania LED lights and I am not impressed with them at all. They look great when you nose up to a wall but on the open road it is really hard to see far out. With the halogen bulbs I could see to the top of the cut off. I also noticed that on the clear lens of the headlight the led only has two lines of light on the sides and the halogen bulb makes a square shape. I just ordered a set of HID lights they get here Wednesday, I will toss them in next weekend and let you know what works out better.

Nope. Projectors on the lowbeam and a reflector housing just inside it for the highbeams. The nice part is my $230.00 CAD LED bulbs that I don't like will fit the fog sockets.

Ok. I installed my HID kit tonight. It was just a cheap 55w plug and play kit and there is no comparison. HID lights kill the LED lights I have any day of the week. I can't post any pics yet as my phone takes ones that are too large.

I just changed mine back to halogen the led were very bright but they. Did not have the distance i had bought several kits trying to get the distance I got them on ebay that might have been the problem I had them in all the front lights

I just changed mine back to halogen the led were very bright but they. Did not have the distance i had bought several kits trying to get the distance I got them on ebay that might have been the problem I had them in all the front lights
No the led part was the issue. Until they come out with a good LED bulb that gives off 360 degree light I will keep the hid in the low beams. I have my expensive led that was in the headlights back in the fog spot. With them all on it's like driving around with the sun attached to the front of the truck.

By the way out of all the YouTube videos out there that told you how to change the fog light bulbs, they are all wrong. If you reach down between the rad support and the front grille, you CAN change the bulbs without opening the inner fender liner. All you need to do is unplug the bulb, and then take the bulb out, follow the harness until you find the plastic clip that holds the slack and pull it out. The plug for the fog lamp will reach to the top of the rad support. Plug in your new lights, reach down the hole put the new bulb in, and re attach the wiring clip to hold the slack.

Not trying to sound like a jerk but this pic doesn't show a whole lot. You could stick a 194 light and it would look bright from that angle.

Ok so I figured out how to resize pics on my phone. You can see on the first pic (passenger side) the light coming through the dirty headlight housing is not really the square pattern that it is on the drivers side. This is the difference between my led and hid bulbs. The hid gives out more volume of light and it goes I would guess 3-4 times further down the road then the led ones do.IMG_20180222_172026.jpgIMG_20180222_172033.jpg

Back