LEDs head light...

Retrofit Source is where I got my Halogen bulbs and wiring for my headlights. Using the stock housing you just add the set in, haven't had any big problems with them!

Retrofit Source is where I got my Halogen bulbs and wiring for my headlights. Using the stock housing you just add the set in, haven't had any big problems with them!
You def shouldnt have any problems throwing halogen bulbs into a housing engineered for halogen bulbs.
Makes perfect sense.

[emoji848] thanks
Its just that our headlamp housing is designed to work with a filament, with a designated orientation at that.
Hids use an arc and mineral salts....leds use diodes.

Hids cause a ton of scatter in our housings, and from what ive seen leds are not much better.

Need more light, or just wanna be on the technology bandwagon?

Offish topic since ur not using HID.....but maybe worth a read

Im not sure about leds in the fogs as i havent had them and have not looked into them much, but u def shouldnt run hids in the fogs for a few reasons.
Fogs have no shield so the other drivers may be subject to the intense light directed off the capsule.
Fogs throw a ****ton of scatter with hids... i had a set i won for free in my fogs. I pulled up behind my girls car, turned just the fogs on, then sat in her car.... holy sheephit!
Fogs should NEVER be brighter or more distracting than your headlights if used often (some people do this). The eye will be overwhelmed by the bright light directly in front of the truck bouncing off the ground. The pupil will constrict, you lose distance vision. I for example never run my fogs unless there truly is fog and they are needed, or im doing some backroad driving and need the spread, and the low speed means i dont need the distance vision. Actualy i use em as daytime running lights, and shut them off at night, and turn my interior lights down as much as possible.
Thats just my non edumacated ass opinion tho.

Last edited:
Back