Leer Camper Shell

texastacoma

I currently live in Houston and about to move about 6 hrs north to finish college, during this winter and past ones i have noticed there has been a substantial amount of snow fall, i currently have a soft top tonno cover, looking at the shell for a couple reasons, more protected storage, snow won't completely crush it, and possible addition of a gravity fed additional gas tank tank in the bed (mainly for the 6 hr drive to and from school), thanks for the feed back, pics are appreciated, currently looking the 100RCC if anyone has anything particular about it.

I live up North, don't blame you for wanting a cap I want one for mine too.

Up here if you watch craig's list you can get a great deal on one. I wouldn't spend the cash on a new one.

Regarding the gas tank... whats the point? You're gonna need to stop to piss anyway. I wouldn't want a bigger-than-necessary gas tank behind me if I ever flipped...

I live up North, don't blame you for wanting a cap I want one for mine too.

Up here if you watch craig's list you can get a great deal on one. I wouldn't spend the cash on a new one.

Regarding the gas tank... whats the point? You're gonna need to stop to piss anyway. I wouldn't want a bigger-than-necessary gas tank behind me if I ever flipped...

I looked on Craig's list for a while, finally found one that was only a couple hours from me (caps for a long bed down here are far and few in between), the day I was gonna go get it the guy called me and said that someone was pulling off a warehouse rack with a fork lift and pushed it off a 20 ft drop... Destroyed it... After another month and a half of looking I finally said screw it and pulled the trigger on an atc cab high, decked out how I wanted it...

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1445829748.035914.jpg
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1445829784.019903.jpg

And the gas tank, I can hold the piss, not worried about that, plus I know when I'm leaving so I don't drink a lot before I go, and there's only a few gas stations along the way, I basically drive through the middle of nowhere...

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1445854674.460283.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1445854697.446696.jpg
Here's my Leer I ordered it with about a 4" high than cab roof and Thule rack ! I use it daily putting sample pneumatic tools and fasteners in and out and it's holding up Great!

Back