Legit ? About Pulley or belt noise and not about wigs

WildlifeChick

So I have 2017 yoder. Had it almost a year now. For those that have the 16-17 models, can you hear a faint high-pitched noise? I had something similar in my old Tacoma and it was a pulley that went bad. I took it to the dealership for the oil change and they couldn't hear anything. I can hear it. My dad heard it and he can't hear Clydesdales slipping on marbles on a hardwood floor.....I was asked by a guy at work if my truck had a high pitch noise so it made me think it's just something new with the newer models. His is a 17 as well.

Yeah, I’ve noticed it on mine too. I always assumed it was the Atkinson Cycle motor because all the gen threes I’ve been around have the same sound intermittently.

My dad heard it and he can't hear Clydesdales slipping on marbles on a hardwood floor.
I’m from West “By God” Virginia and I thought I had heard every hillbilly analogy there was.... I stand corrected. Lol.

So I have 2017 yoder. Had it almost a year now. For those that have the 16-17 models, can you hear a faint high-pitched noise? I had something similar in my old Tacoma and it was a pulley that went bad. I took it to the dealership for the oil change and they couldn't hear anything. I can hear it. My dad heard it and he can't hear Clydesdales slipping on marbles on a hardwood floor.....I was asked by a guy at work if my truck had a high pitch noise so it made me think it's just something new with the newer models. His is a 17 as well.
My 2017 is very new - 10 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot just 2 months ago. I've put some miles on it since and haven't heard anything unusual. There are different types of V6 engines installed which depend on certain options like double cab and tow package which affect actual and max possible loaded vehicle weights.

Many years ago, I owned a simple SR5 4x4. When new, it made a high pitched whine which I assumed was due to new engine parts breaking in. It eventually went away. Interesting, the 2017 manual does not even suggest a post break in period fluids change. The manual does state that it ships with special polymer oil and that similar oil is mandatory for later maintenance.

I can tell you what engine my TRD has, if you like.

FlyingLentris in LLOMA

Is this voiding the code of conduct by saying @4wd isnt allowed into this thread?

"Legit ? About Pulley or belt noise and not about wigs"

Is this voiding the code of conduct by saying @4wd isnt allowed into this thread?

"Legit ? About Pulley or belt noise and not about wigs"

Yeah. She was pretty straightforward about @4wd (or 2wd, Buffalo Bill) or whatever he’s going by now not being welcome. Lol. No room here for the wigs and shenanigans.

DSC_0977.JPG

Back