Let's fix the main issues with the new taco!

oh!yea

Hey everyone I have read a lot on this forum of issues with the new taco :( and being a owner of a16 taco I got the same 2 big issue others have the transmission issue and a squeaky back end. Most of the post here have no solution on the issue and is flooded with dumb replys. Yes I agree it's smart to not buy a first year model but it don't help to tell everyone who owns one for there are many people on this forum like me who are kinda stuck with a new taco with issue so I want this post to be solution to help everyone in this condition because it sucks.

What I have found so far GOOD NEWS
First the squeaky back end I took my truck in to ask about it they said I would have to schedule a all day appointment to have a tech work on it with a Toyota tech support on the line to figure out the issue.... Ya pretty gay BUT a friend of mine works at a ford dealer as a tec and he said dude if we get a car with a squeak we find it and fix it just use WD -40 so I sprayed it on all the joints in the rear leaf springs so far no squeaks and know the transmission issue after the dealer checked out the squeak as far as I can tell the transmission issue is gone!!! They did not tell me anything but they must have done something. I will update later if any of them return but if they do my goal is that we can all work together to help all the new taco owners have this issues resolved :)

:)Shows how much you know it dumb when your reading threads on a issue you are having and it goes on and on with with no solution just several pages that look like a group chat

We all have our ways of responding to posts. That's why I love this forum in particular. Other forums have vibes like "You don't know $#!+, so f#@& off" and "Don't crawl with us, don't ball with us"
I don't know $#!+ about cars or trucks, but everything I do know is from trial and error with my Taco. Only vehicle I've ever had that I felt a connection with urging me to get my hands on it and learn a few things.
I still don't know $#!+ about cars or trucks, but I do know a thing or two about Tacos... Big ones, small ones, others as big as a truck :)

Last edited:
We all have our ways of responding to posts. That's why I love this forum in particular. Other forums have vibes like "You don't know $#!+, so f#@& off" and "Don't crawl with us, don't ball with us"
I don't know $#!+ about cars or trucks, but everything I do know is from trial and error with my Taco. Only vehicle I've ever had that I felt a connection with urging me to get my hands on it and learn a few things.
I still don't know $#!+ about cars or trucks, but I do know a thing or two about Tacos... Big ones, small ones, others as big as a truck :)
Well said brother. I think some made the jump to TW. I'm not a fan of that site for the reasons you listed.

I know almost everything about cars and trucks. But, since I don't know it all. Teach me something Biatches. Ha the WD -40 won't last long if your driving 1200 plus miles a week like me.

Hey everyone I have read a lot on this forum of issues with the new taco :( and being a owner of a16 taco I got the same 2 big issue others have the transmission issue and a squeaky back end. Most of the post here have no solution on the issue and is flooded with dumb replys. Yes I agree it's smart to not buy a first year model but it don't help to tell everyone who owns one for there are many people on this forum like me who are kinda stuck with a new taco with issue so I want this post to be solution to help everyone in this condition because it sucks.

What I have found so far GOOD NEWS
First the squeaky back end I took my truck in to ask about it they said I would have to schedule a all day appointment to have a tech work on it with a Toyota tech support on the line to figure out the issue.... Ya pretty gay BUT a friend of mine works at a ford dealer as a tec and he said dude if we get a car with a squeak we find it and fix it just use WD -40 so I sprayed it on all the joints in the rear leaf springs so far no squeaks and know the transmission issue after the dealer checked out the squeak as far as I can tell the transmission issue is gone!!! They did not tell me anything but they must have done something. I will update later if any of them return but if they do my goal is that we can all work together to help all the new taco owners have this issues resolved :)
Good luck fixing the issues I'm sure you won't!

I've had the squeaky leaf springs problem, but after I went mudding. I wash the leafs real good and it went away for a couple of weeks. It came back so I bought some silicone spray from Walmart. Sprayed everything thing I could see that rubbed. It went away again for about a month and started doing it again so I'm not sure what's up. Whatever you do don't use wd40 that causes bushings to start cracking and drying up.

If anyone can be more specific about the transmission issue & the potential transmission fix Toyota did, I would appreciate it. I submitted a formal complaint about my trans & I want to get it fixed. I just need more info to go on, Thx!

I think they just have a fix, I bought mine three weeks ago and I haven't experienced any of the issues past posters have experienced. I would hope Toyota would be updating their techs

Thx for responding. It would give us peace of mind if they communicated it. Regardless, as long as they fix it, that works for me.

Did anyone get the Toyota survey about our 2016 Tacoma's? They wrote "Tell us, we can take it." So, I told them... Does that mean the survey will only help 2017 Tacoma's and later? Or will it help our model year too?

I gave it to them as well and was surprised I never heard anything at all from Toyota. I thought someone might contact me to get more info.

I have to agree with you, nothing. Additionally, I went to customer support and opened a case to ask them how this survey will be used and if it will benefit us w/2016 models. I realize that we have to be the test subjects to some degree, but, if there is a general consensus on an issue, fix it for us. Some type of software update for the transmission is a great place to start. I hope they read these forums too. But, I won't hold my breath.

I agree with mcleibermam. I've had mine for about a week and I haven't had any of the problems that others have had. Maybe they have fixed the problems at the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum

Oh yea, I'm reallllll nice if you don't **** with me! I do like my new 16 going to the beach and seeing if Crawlllllll Control works when it's up to the frame in sand!

Too many sensitive people these days. Let me set this **** straight. It's like boxing... It starts when gloves touch, like the start of a conversation. Then there's a bit of jabbing, which I compare to the first bits of sarcasm. Things get more tense as the hard blows start, much like people getting butt hurt. Then you've got the knockout punches, which are the personal attacks that make everyone (except the winner :)) look like a complete jackass to anyone else...

Back