Leveling options

cookie47

Ok guys so I'm new to the forum. I recently bought another taco since I rolled my 08 everything I've had since just wasn't the same so I picked up a 2015 dbl cab trd off road. I'm looking to level it out as I always do with any truck. Had a rough country on my last one but I'm seeing so many people going after the bilsien 5100s and aal. I'm wondering do you not need a diff drop with them? If you guys have any other options for a baller on a budget I'm listening. Also I have 2 sets of rims picked out. One is a +00 and the other set is a +18 offset. And I do not want to use spacers. Thanks in advance for any and all input

Ok guys so I'm new to the forum. I recently bought another taco since I rolled my 08 everything I've had since just wasn't the same so I picked up a 2015 dbl cab trd off road. I'm looking to level it out as I always do with any truck. Had a rough country on my last one but I'm seeing so many people going after the bilsien 5100s and aal. I'm wondering do you not need a diff drop with them? If you guys have any other options for a baller on a budget I'm listening. Also I have 2 sets of rims picked out. One is a +00 and the other set is a +18 offset. And I do not want to use spacers. Thanks in advance for any and all input

Junk country spacers gunna ride like ass, and compromise your shocks.
Preloading trd offroad (progressive) coils with 5100s much past an inch will ride like ass.

Get some 5100s set at zero, and a proper lift coil.

"Baller on a budget" sounds like "jumbo shrimp"

Have a fritter, call it a day.... save some money and get a decent lift the 1st time. Thank us later.

As nancy said... no diff drop

I understand lol and thanks for all the input! I'm not trying to be real cheap I'd just like to stay under 500 for the lift. I don't normally off-road unless I have to. I'm just tired of hearing "my sister has one of those" or "so your wife is letting you drive her truck?" Hahahaha it was a harder transition than I thought, I traded a ford raptor for this one [emoji23]

No diff. Drop,I installed a Rough Country Leveling kit and it is great!!! I don’t go off road.No difference at all in the ride.I would think you may want to Do Bilstein If you off road a lot.

I have a ‘16 taco and have a 2 1/2 Inch leveling kit up front only. Sits a bit higher than back. My tires are 285/75/16 (stock wheels) the tires are slightly slanted up front so they don’t rub on uca ‘s. They don’t ware super bad like that.

Last edited:
I have a ‘16 taco and have a 2 1/2 I’m leveling kid up front only. Sits a bit higher than back. My tires are 285/75/16 (stock wheels) the tires are slightly slanted up front so they don’t rub on uca ‘s. They don’t ware super bad like that.

o_O
Tell me more about this wheel slant?
Spidertrax may have been a cure no?

20171216_233021.jpg

Yes it could have been a cure. But not a big fan of spacers.
I’m not a fan either. Id get aftermarket wheels with the right offset. Rotating tires every 2k miles will help some but you’re going to wear your tires out unevenly and quicker. Also the pulling would get annoying.

What would be a good offset to go with? That's my biggest hangup at the moment
What’s your budget?
Bilstein 5100’s set to 0 with OME 887 coils up front and bilsteins in the back with an AAL is going to be about $1000 installing it yourself, add another $300/400 depending on the shop if you have someone install it.
The 0 offset wheel are going to be the best of you plan on running 285/75/16 tires.

Back