Lifting plus wheels and tires

jason.luster.50

I've been doing alot if research and just trying to find what people actually had success with I have a 2016 dcsb trd or mostly used for street driving but want it to be off road capable when the need arises looking at a toytec 2 inch lift all the way around https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyo...ift-suspension-system-for-2016-toyota-tacoma/
And possibly these wheels and tires
But was thinking of going bigger on the tires and wanted to know if I could clear 285 75 with 2 inches of lift and do I need to go to a 9 inch wide wheel to do so
e77ab1d4865fc9e670b6891109c9d249.jpg

Last edited:
Open to suggestions was also looking at a icon stage 3 kit with tubular uca but kind of seemed like over kill for the amount of off road I would be doing and with the money I save by getting the toytec kit I could buy a bumper and winch

Good choice on tires I love the BFG KO2's. The wheels you picked are fine 17x8 is wide enough you'll have a strong bead. Going wider will only weaken it.
285/70/17 will fit but it might rub some on full lock and bumps. The wheels you're looking at are fine at 0 offset. 0 to -6 offset seems to work well with that size tire to clear the UCA and give a wider stance without looking ridiculous. You'll have to take off the front mud flaps if you have them. 2" lift is pushing it for that size tire. 2.5-3" works well.
king is better if you're wanting to spend money on a lift. Toytech makes a better kit than that one for about $600 more. I'd also go with an AAL in back not a block.
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com...uspension-System-for-2016-Tacoma-_p_1620.html

Icon stage3 is around $3000 if you're going to spend that kind of money you can get the OME BP-51 which is better suspension IMO
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com...sion-Kit-Lift-Kit-For-2005-Tacoma_p_1609.html

And even better a set of King OEM performance
https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyo...-suspension-lift-kit-2005-2015-toyota-tacoma/

My original choice was the bp51 but it's 3k plus uca cost as that kit does not include them but icon does but I do like that ome comes with a full spring kit instead of aal

So in your opinion would this be the best option it's super pricey but I only want to do this once and be happy not spend less and always wonder if I should have gone better
4bbc960fc77a1c3b81498cd860338ec2.jpg

So in your opinion would this be the best option it's super pricey but I only want to do this once and be happy not spend less and always wonder if I should have gone better
4bbc960fc77a1c3b81498cd860338ec2.jpg
Can you have King shocks front and back or is the fox in the rear your only option with them? Fox makes a good shock but personally I'd want them matching. The Dakars are good. Camburg is good. You would have a solid suspension for sure.

Can you have King shocks front and back or is the fox in the rear your only option with them? Fox makes a good shock but personally I'd want them matching. The Dakars are good. Camburg is good. You would have a solid suspension for sure.
The king's are only for up to an inch of lift and the dakars are 2.75 lift in the back

I put a three inch leveling kit and Cooper Discover AT3 285/70/17 for under a $1,000. If cheaper is what you want. The ride is still very good, and have slight rubbing when turning hard with the bigger tires. This is what us truck owners without unlimited $ do. LOL

I put a three inch leveling kit and Cooper Discover AT3 285/70/17 for under a $1,000. If cheaper is what you want. The ride is still very good, and have slight rubbing when turning hard with the bigger tires. This is what us truck owners without unlimited $ do. LOL
What kit did you use and I'm guessing factory trd sport wheels I don't necessarily think I need to spend 3k on a lift I just don't want to spend 1k and be unhappy and have to start over if there are less expensive viable options I definitely want to hear them. I think I've settled on a 275\70\17 with no rubbing and however much lift I need to make that happen

You won't be happy with a leveling kit it's a spacer and will use your current shocks and coil and a block in the back if you're looking at OME, Icon and toytec lifts a leveling kit will make you sad.

Back