Lifts without cutting cross member

What??? I'm still learning here but never heard of this. Why would you want to cut a crossmember??

What??? I'm still learning here but never heard of this. Why would you want to cut a crossmember??

You have to drop the diff low enough so the CVs don't bind. The only way to do that is to cut the crossmember.

You can just spindle lift a prerunner though to get height.

Last edited:
Not trying to jack the thread, but are cv angles gonna be an issue for me? Only going up 3 in.

Along whippersnapper's lines, more than 3" is a constant battle with CV boots. The most you can do with the stock configuration is 3". At 3.5" I am changing boots about every 5000 miles or so as they tear due to the rub in the boot itself. The CVs themselves can handle the angle fine, with the diff drop. I would do more research on the best boots but to be honest, as soon as the Baja fenders go on I am going back to stock height, which for me is plus 1" (13 Baja TX).

One further note...just personal experience here...at max droop, with the uniball upper control arms, the steering is at its limit. You have to add limit straps and go max droop, lift the arms one inch and set the straps so you limit out 1/2" before max, or you will bend the steering arm or break the rack.

Finally, my Baja is both an expedition truck and a chase truck for my Class 10 car and other friends of mine I desert race with. So if you often find yourself high speed off road, look into a Total Chaos, Cambug or Solo Motorsports lifts. While it does increase track width, it also increases ride height and you have minimal problems without cutting the cross member. While expensive on the outset, I have done many of these and in my opinion, they are worth the money.

Along whippersnapper's lines, more than 3" is a constant battle with CV boots. The most you can do with the stock configuration is 3". At 3.5" I am changing boots about every 5000 miles or so as they tear due to the rub in the boot itself. The CVs themselves can handle the angle fine, with the diff drop. I would do more research on the best boots but to be honest, as soon as the Baja fenders go on I am going back to stock height, which for me is plus 1" (13 Baja TX).

One further note...just personal experience here...at max droop, with the uniball upper control arms, the steering is at its limit. You have to add limit straps and go max droop, lift the arms one inch and set the straps so you limit out 1/2" before max, or you will bend the steering arm or break the rack.

Finally, my Baja is both an expedition truck and a chase truck for my Class 10 car and other friends of mine I desert race with. So if you often find yourself high speed off road, look into a Total Chaos, Cambug or Solo Motorsports lifts. While it does increase track width, it also increases ride height and you have minimal problems without cutting the cross member. While expensive on the outset, I have done many of these and in my opinion, they are worth the money.
Now I gotta go and lay a rookie question on ya...
Since I am using uni ball uppers am I going to have to put limiting straps on my 2013? Going with the 521600 coils from toytec. I thought I had everything covered but saw your post.

Back