Little update

Brian A

Hello fellow Taco drivers. Just thought I would drop a couple lines on my Tacoma experience to this point. I have the TRD OFF ROAD access cab 2017. Black with black interior. It has orange/red stitching on the seats with a matching trim piece on the dashboard. Very sharp. Anyway in my demented mind I thought that orange letters on the tailgate would really look great. WRONG! Thankfully they were inexpensive stick ons. They came off that day! I now have stainless letters that look right for the truck. On another topic, the truck came with all weather mats. The driver's side is fine because it has clasps. The passenger side doesn't and is constantly getting pushed up under the dash from people getting in and out. The transmission story is the same as we've all read about. I've only got 4800 miles on so I'll give it some time. Maybe a long trip would help. Anyhow thanks everyone for the the good posts. I check them every day.

Hello fellow Taco drivers. Just thought I would drop a couple lines on my Tacoma experience to this point. I have the TRD OFF ROAD access cab 2017. Black with black interior. It has orange/red stitching on the seats with a matching trim piece on the dashboard. Very sharp. Anyway in my demented mind I thought that orange letters on the tailgate would really look great. WRONG! Thankfully they were inexpensive stick ons. They came off that day! I now have stainless letters that look right for the truck. On another topic, the truck came with all weather mats. The driver's side is fine because it has clasps. The passenger side doesn't and is constantly getting pushed up under the dash from people getting in and out. The transmission story is the same as we've all read about. I've only got 4800 miles on so I'll give it some time. Maybe a long trip would help. Anyhow thanks everyone for the the good posts. I check them every day.

Post some pics of the stainless steel letters. I haven’t seen any.
The passenger side all weather mat is a commonly complained about issue.

The 18s have the same little claw things for the passenger side as the drivers side has now.

Oddly, the sales guy I worked with spent like 10 minutes talking about that, and other floor mat-related topics (apparently required by Toyota)

I wonder if we can get a TBS on this for the 2016 and 2017
That's a good question. I guess Toyota is making a big deal now about proper usage and install of floor mats. In fact, I think in the stack of manuals that came with my Taco, there is a small one specifically for the floor mats alone. (I'll check next time I'm near the glove box).

That's a good question. I guess Toyota is making a big deal now about proper usage and install of floor mats. In fact, I think in the stack of manuals that came with my Taco, there is a small one specifically for the floor mats alone. (I'll check next time I'm near the glove box).
Snap a pic and I’ll go to the dealer with it and ask. It’s really annoying. I’d like a factory fix.

Had you heard of eagle klaw and then really immediately think fish hooks because of one letter or just not know about them altogether?
Never heard of them. I fish a lot though and I’ve heard of eagle claw.

Thanks for sharing that WEX. I’m ordering them now.
I’d never heard of them either, I spend a lot of time fishing though so eagle claw is synonymous with the fishing hook brand.

I fish a lot too. But I thought for sure everyone would know what the hell I was talking about. Lol.

Back