Little vibration when stopped in drive

righty

My new (for me) 2015 Tacoma SR5 4x4 I4 has one little annoying thing and it is not worth going back to the dealer (I think). When I stop at a light there is a sound/vibration that stops as soon as I let off the brake or put it in neutral. Sounds like a jack hammer, but way off in distance. pdpdpdpdpdpdpd Can barely hear it with the radio on. Sounds like something is loose/vibrating.

I thought about having my wife sit in the car with her foot on the brake while I check around, but I'm not sure I have been a good enough husband to trust her on that. Also, she is a little nervous and I don't want to end up as a pancake on the driveway. Actually, I'm not sure I trust anyone. Says something about me I guess :)

Seriously, any ideas what to check?

I thought it was axle wrap, but that should be 1 quick thud.... not a vibration.

Check u bolts anyhow.

75-80ft lbs

Also get under the truck when its cooled off and start smacking the exhaust and the shield around the converter with an open palm. Smack em good and listen for a rattle.

Make sure your spare tire carrier/cable is tight.

Also get under the truck when its cooled off and start smacking the exhaust and the shield around the converter with an open palm. Smack em good and listen for a rattle.

Make sure your spare tire carrier/cable is tight.
Little rock rattle :confused:

Sadly we just found a rattle on the camry too lol.
Ill address another day.
Atleast i can replicate it while the car is parked.... its coming from the dash/ a pillar area.
Those damn A pillars. My Tacoma rattled there. I took all the plastic off and put one side sticky felt pieces all around the spots I thought it was rattling and I haven’t heard it since. I have new rattles I haven’t located yet. :mad:

Those damn A pillars. My Tacoma rattled there. I took all the plastic off and put one side sticky felt pieces all around the spots I thought it was rattling and I haven’t heard it since. I have new rattles I haven’t located yet. :mad:
At under 6k miles, ill let them tear it apart if its that bad.
My truck rattles less.

Back