LOOKING FOR A LOCKER

Danno

Hello forum,

I have a 2006 ex-cab 4x4 v6 Taco. It's not a TRD model and I'm looking for a locker or two.

I don't get crazy with it, in fact all I want to do is ride a few mild trails and get it out on the beach for some surf fishing.

Most folks don't realize that a 2wd is really a 1wd, and a 4x4 is really a 2wd unless you get a locker in there somewhere.

Knowing this I'm wondering what locker will fit my truck. I'd like to have a TRD locker but can't find one in any of the yards around here. Any info on what years will fit my '06 will help.

I'm confused on what axles will fit my housing, spline-wise, I don't know what the count on my stocker is. I've seen third members with girdle bars going from one bearing cap to the other. Do these fit my Taco or are they from a different axle housing altogether?

Also, any info on what would be a good after market locker is welcomed. And lastly....what's the deal on front lockers ?

Thanks guys

Danno

I'm so glad I got rid of my Cherokee ! !

Bookem Danno! ARB makes a good air locker for the front and rear. Not cheap with compressor system. Look for factory Toyota rear at a you pull it / junk yard. Don't be afraid of the " junk yard" it won't hurt you! Ha

Back