Looking for a Tacoma 1999-2004.

thanks

Thanks, Details. I actually called three large toyo dealers as well as a slew of private sellers. First problem was finding the truck I wanted in a color I could live with...down South...never owned a black truck. I ended up with the '10 pretty much by accident...had a few minutes at the fire station and went up on Craigslist and there it was...at a much higher advertised price than I paid for it. It doesn't help matters that Consumer Reports actually calls the taco the highest valued truck in America...first thing the dealers made sure to tell me. I've added Smittybilts, a Westin bullbar, a remote start, ( working on adding driving lights now. ) which all add up to make a newer version of my '04. These additions all add to the price and they're already on my '04 for a buyer. But Change is correct in saying that good maintenance makes the longevity. I lost two truck engines to employees that didn't look after our best interests...one got fired after cooking an engine after a hose broke and he "nursed it home" instead of letting it cool and calling me.

Thanks, Details. I actually called three large toyo dealers as well as a slew of private sellers. First problem was finding the truck I wanted in a color I could live with...down South...never owned a black truck. I ended up with the '10 pretty much by accident...had a few minutes at the fire station and went up on Craigslist and there it was...at a much higher advertised price than I paid for it. It doesn't help matters that Consumer Reports actually calls the taco the highest valued truck in America...first thing the dealers made sure to tell me. I've added Smittybilts, a Westin bullbar, a remote start, ( working on adding driving lights now. ) which all add up to make a newer version of my '04. These additions all add to the price and they're already on my '04 for a buyer. But Change is correct in saying that good maintenance makes the longevity. I lost two truck engines to employees that didn't look after our best interests...one got fired after cooking an engine after a hose broke and he "nursed it home" instead of letting it cool and calling me.

It is absolutely amazing how this ball started rolling. First off it is a really great truck and motor with a good parts.
Unfortunately individuals started to believe the HYPE that these 1st Gen Toyota were indestructible "if maintained well"!
So owners started doing oil changes and greasing them and low and behold they kept running, who would have thought!
But to identify them with some sort of super powers that defied the laws of physics, no way in hell. It was the maintenance reminder that was spoken of along with the Longevity issue that made the engine greater than real life, along with a younger generation that couldn't afford to let things go wrong!
They are the ones that made Toyota Tacoma's great, not Toyota!

made things great.

answer to Change

Having spent some time in manufacturing, Change, there is a definite difference in Toyo's and other vehicles. The Japanese test EVERY part that goes in an item...the Americans test maybe ten percent, so theoretically you could buy a Chevy that had all the parts tested or could get one with none of the parts tested. I've owned all manner of vehicles and the Toyo, Nissan, Honda lines are the best in the world. Add good maintenance to that and you've got a winner. You can do all the greasings and oil changings you want to a Chevy or Ford and they'll still die on you. I know tacos will wear out...it just takes a lot longer than with any other vehicle and having owned about twenty of them I'm living proof of that.

Back