Looking for aftermarket rear bumper

4x4Bo

Been looking for awhile for a rear bumper. Seems like the same old same old. From 400 to over a grand they are just the same with little changes. I was going to get the scorpion, it looks nice but doesnt have cutouts for are tag lights. Ok, what I'd like is a bumper with aggressive lines, the right cutouts for the tag lights and power ports, dont need rear lights in the bumper but would be nice to have steps in the outer sides. My price range was between 500 and 700. Seems to be right at the range for numerous bumpers. Thinking about giving up and living with the one that's on there. It's a bummer but seems like I'll just settle instead of getting what I want. I apologize everyone but just needed to vent. Hope all of you are well and back getting it again, take care....

Why not have a fabrication shop build you exactly what you want, from exactly the thickness, and hardness that you want.
Custom made is always better in my opinion.

Thought if I went that route it would be real expensive. I dont know any fabricators. I'll definitely look into it and see if that will work out. Thank you....

Thought if I went that route it would be real expensive. I dont know any fabricators. I'll definitely look into it and see if that will work out. Thank you....

I've had bumpers made a few times, didn't cost any more than buying them.

This is what I went with, seems to have the features you are looking for, I will try to remember the make and model if you are interested. Pretty easy to install. an always modify one after you get it also. The oem bumper is honestly offers no protection in a rear end collision after I took it off idk how it passes dot standards. 20191204_175652.jpg

That's a pretty nice bumper. Pretty standard for what's out there. I called a couple fab places here. Yeah they want an arm and a leg. Thought so. Didn't even get to tell them what I wanted. Just spit out a price...

That's a pretty nice bumper. Pretty standard for what's out there. I called a couple fab places here. Yeah they want an arm and a leg. Thought so. Didn't even get to tell them what I wanted. Just spit out a price...
If I remember correctly that bumper was like 900 delivered, only problem I had was the first one I got was totally mangled in the box, PITA getting a new one but I guess it was worth it?

Try bumperonly.com, folks there really took care of me

I went out to that website and I bit the bullet. Ordered one that was nice but not great. I get to wait a month for delivery, that's ok as the you know what has everything filed up right now. Thank you so much for the info and support. Its finally done.... only thing I want to do is put rhino liner on it. I'll send a picture when I put it on. Hope it goes on as smooth as yours did. Again thank you all for your ideas.

I went out to that website and I bit the bullet. Ordered one that was nice but not great. I get to wait a month for delivery, that's ok as the you know what has everything filed up right now. Thank you so much for the info and support. Its finally done.... only thing I want to do is put rhino liner on it. I'll send a picture when I put it on. Hope it goes on as smooth as yours did. Again thank you all for your ideas.

It's not hard to apply, I just rolled liner in the box of my pickup and on the tailgate, just sand it some to rough it up, and remove the shine.

Back