Looking @ the manual and thought i share

Yep. Find a straight road and pop it in if you can't go wheeling. Don't turn and you will have minimal driveline binding. It think it is mostly to exercise the actuators since the front diff and t case still spin internally.

Yep. Find a straight road and pop it in if you can't go wheeling. Don't turn and you will have minimal driveline binding. It think it is mostly to exercise the actuators since the front diff and t case still spin internally.

How long does it take your truck to go from 4x4 back to rear wheel? It seems like mine takes a while and usually I get impatient and **** it do drive and roll forward a little and I pops back.

Usually 2 seconds. Shift while moving with the wheels pointing straight and release the throttle to relieve the engine torque in the drivetrain.

The truck won't let you do anything it doesn't like. If you shift wrong it just won't do it and it will scream at you. But any gear for high and neutral + stopped or moving under 3mph for low.

I have had good luck with shifting into high while moving and letting off the throttle and shifting from high into low while stopped. Shifting into low from 2wd usually doesn't work for me even if I'm stopped and in neutral. Oh and make sure you are in low before you select a gear or else you get a nice grinding sound. I did it once by accident and my heart dropped.

When I'm in 4x4 and I want to go back to 2 wheel, it always gives me trouble. Even if I'm at a snails pase

When I'm in 4x4 and I want to go back to 2 wheel, it always gives me trouble. Even if I'm at a snails pase

My truck does the same, but when it's in park, if I'm waiting for it to go back to 2wd and I go into drive and move about 10 feet it will pop back into 2wd.

No issues with mine, but I have a clutch so push it in when going into 4hi. Pops right in.
Dead stop for 4lo.
Pops right back out when going back to 4hi then 2wd at a dead stop.
And yep I give her 4 hi every month for about 10 miles on the highway since it's a straight shot of 18 miles to work, no curves.
I kick her in 4lo once a month to drive up in the back yard. I have a gravel driveway back there that's uphill.

Back