Loose bumper.

Thewarriordinghy

So my brakes weren't exactly good enough and I hit someone....barely (braked from 30 ft back goin not that fast). I popped my grill back into place , but the left side of the grille is loose from the bumper a little and the left side of the bumper is loose and slightly separated. my fog lights don't come on now. Any way to fix this all myself? please help!

You probably broke a bunch of the plastic retainers.

As far as the fog lights go you will have to look at the wiring. The impact could have smashed the wiring and caused a short.

Is there a way to tightenthe bumpers? I have the sr5 trim and the lower part of only the left side is loose. And what about the grille? Its a tiny bit above where it should be

Lay on the ground and look to see where it is loose. The retainers are just push in plastic pieces. If the actual mount from the bumper is broken then you will have to get creative.

Well sorry it took so long, but everythin looks fine from wat i can tell (im no mechanic at all....) how do i look at the fog light wiring?

Assuming the fog light bulb has a harness (havent looked at mine). See if you can't remove the light bulb from the housing. From there you can get a good look at the wiring or perhaps broken filament.

I haven't had to remove the bulb before, but I'll take a look this morning and see just how easy it is to remove. It's probably accessible under the truck behind the bumper.

Here's a pic of the wire harness for the fog light. This is just behind the bumper. Crawl on your back just as I did under the front of the truck. Use a flash light if you have too. This is what you are looking for. The little blue wire harness just below the headlight. Sorry it's a little salty in Wisconsin .ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1391549633.344417.jpg

Find the fuse assigned to the fog lights
Pull it out with fuse pullers or carefully with pliers, examine the wire in the middle.

Good (Left) and Bad (Right) Fuses
Blown-Fuse2.gif

If that's not it, twist the fog light harness until in pulls out of the housing and check the bulb for a bad filament (Use gloves when handling the bulb). Here's image of broken filament...it's not the same kind of bulb but this gives a visual of what it may look like.

free_5532320.jpg

Back