Maintenance Recommendations

Spats

Hello. First time here at the forum. I have a 2013 Tacoma with 6 cylinder. I bought it new. I only drive it to the golf course twice a week, some shopping, and other things. I only have 18,000 miles on it. Practically a brand new truck. :)

I have taken it to the local Toyota dealer for regular service every six months since purchase. So far just the normal oil change, tire rotation, brake checks, and fluid checks. I think it's about time for filter changes (air and cabin). I know I have very low mileage, but with the age of the truck, do you think I should have the spark plugs replaced? Any other maintenance you would recommend?

That’s very low miles. Not driving is almost harder on vehicles then driving them. Fluids breaks down with time and use. Might be a good idea to check and test all fluids and replace if needed. 7 years on diff, transfer, break and drive shaft is getting up there. Test coolant, it should be ok, it’s easy to check. Plugs should be ok but you could pull one or two and look at them.

Thanks for the reply OR17TRD. I took the truck in for my every 6 months service yesterday. Along with the normal service, oil change, tire rotation, etc., they recommended flushing and replacing engine coolant, and bleeding and replacing the brake fluid. All other fluids were ok. Air and cabin filters were ok. Spark plugs ok. All set for another 6 months.

Back