Maintenance Soon light???

Jerry Brown

Starting today, when I start the truck, I get a yellow yield triangle and a maintenance soon warning.
What's that about? No oil change is needed for another 2,500 miles...
The truck has 25,550 miles on it. I bought it Feb. 14th. 2019 SR5 V6 with 23,500 miles on it.
I'm sure the dealership I bought it from, changed the oil cause it has a sticker and it's very clean...
How do I turn off the light or re-set it?

Thanks, Jerry

Starting today, when I start the truck, I get a yellow yield triangle and a maintenance soon warning.
What's that about? No oil change is needed for another 2,500 miles...
The truck has 25,550 miles on it. I bought it Feb. 14th. 2019 SR5 V6 with 23,500 miles on it.
I'm sure the dealership I bought it from, changed the oil cause it has a sticker and it's very clean...
How do I turn off the light or re-set it?

Thanks, Jerry
Go to the maintenance setting on your screen. It will ask you if you want to reset it and hit the enter button. Very simple....if it doesn't go out then hit the dealer service dept. Try the simple things first....doesn't cost you anything.

Go to the maintenance setting on your screen. It will ask you if you want to reset it and hit the enter button. Very simple....if it doesn't go out then hit the dealer service dept. Try the simple things first....doesn't cost you anything.

I did that last month when it was getting close to tire rotation time.

Maintenance light is no worries.

The Check Engine light is a different story. Mine came on a while back, but everything was fine. Checked the gas cap, even thou I'd put over 100 miles on it since the last fill up.

Took it in, and they ran every test know to man, and said it had to be the gas cap.

I did that last month when it was getting close to tire rotation time.

Maintenance light is no worries.

The Check Engine light is a different story. Mine came on a while back, but everything was fine. Checked the gas cap, even thou I'd put over 100 miles on it since the last fill up.

Took it in, and they ran every test know to man, and said it had to be the gas cap.
I've heard the Tacos can have potential of gas cap problems. Those check engine lights drive me mad! LOL

I always did it through the keyswitch but I guess if you have a automatic transmission you do it the way you say, I don't know I just do it through key switch off and on. I'm going to try it the way you say next time.

I always did it through the keyswitch but I guess if you have a automatic transmission you do it the way you say, I don't know I just do it through key switch off and on. I'm going to try it the way you say next time.
Yes, I have the auto tranny......if the key works I'd do it that way. My '17 has push button start so no key for me. Couple quick hits on the menu screen and its all reset. Might be different with those keyed.

Yes, I have the auto tranny......if the key works I'd do it that way. My '17 has push button start so no key for me. Couple quick hits on the menu screen and its all reset. Might be different with those keyed.
I've got a 17 trd Off-Road automatic it is really easy to reset set your mileage trip on a. Trip hold the reset button in turn key on with out touch the brake it will flash three times and be reset you can find it in your book

I've got a 17 trd Off-Road automatic it is really easy to reset set your mileage trip on a. Trip hold the reset button in turn key on with out touch the brake it will flash three times and be reset you can find it in your book
Thanks! I'll have to check out my book. I missed that!

Back