Matinance Req'd light

Dino2015

Is there a way to turn off the matinence required light off permanently? I cant get mine to reset by turning the key right before start and pressing the trip odometer. A useless light for me since i know when its time to change the oil!!

Is there a way to turn off the matinence required light off permanently? I cant get mine to reset by turning the key right before start and pressing the trip odometer. A useless light for me since i know when its time to change the oil!!
Hold the button then turn the key.. i don't think there's a permanent way that doesn't involve modification

I believe the proper proceedure for reseting it is turn key to on position, make sure trip meter is in odometer mode, press and hold the plunger in, turn key off, while still holding plunger in turn key back on, when the numbers stop unwinding to 0 turn key back off and release plunger. The next time key is turned back on the odometer will resume normal function. I believe this is correct as ive only reset mine once and will re-read the procedure before I do it again. To my knowledge it can't be permantly turned off.

Ok, thanks guys. I did go on you tube and they all said to do that but I did multiple times with no avail. So instead of putting the trip on the odometer mode I put it on the first trip mode and it then cleared it!! My 2 previous oil changes I had to put it on odometer mode and it reset but for some strange reason it would'nt reset in that mode til I put it on the first trip mode this time!.

Back