Minor lift help

Bitman

Not to beat a dead horse, but the more I research, the more confused I get.
I'm 60 years old, and after 40 years of owning GMC trucks, I bought a 2015 TRD off road, crew cab.
I'm not a hard core off roader, but do allot of hunting and fishing. Which is back country two tracks, with some mud holes and hills thrown in. Not looking to lift the truck, but would like to level it.
Should I just add 2" spacers to the front, or would 5100 Bilestens on all four corners be better?
Or are there other options. Thanks for your thoughts.

IMG_0282.JPG

I bought my first new Toyota pickup in 1989. I usually set my trucks up depending on what I'm doing with them more than 75% of the time. So my question , is it a daily driver with weekends on single track roads. How often off road, daily, weekly, monthly?

Daily driver and I have a topper on order. Along with nerf bars and bed mat.
Off road daily in the fall and early winter, and maybe bi-weekly the rest of the year.

I would definitely say bilsteins over the spacer lift. A better way to lift for not much more money

Spacer lifts are $200-$400 for most. You can find them for less and they are poor quality I wouldn't! Bilstein struts up front are a good upgrade. If your not adding a heavy winch and bumper than you can use your stock springs. They do have different spring perch plate locations on the strut which will lift the front 1-3" . If your not putting 285's or larger tires on you should set it at the lowest setting or one up. Rear Bilsteins shocks that are 1-2" longer than factory with an Add A Leaf are all you need in the rear. If you level the truck front to back then add a fiberglass cap the rear will sit lower and if it's enough your headlights will work great illuminating the trees! Ha

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1460217794.991440.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1460217808.946361.jpg
You can use this site or another 100 to find whatever you're wanting to spend. You can eliminate the front springs on here if your not adding front weight. Have fun ask more if you need to.

View attachment 8564View attachment 8565
You can use this site or another 100 to find whatever you're wanting to spend. You can eliminate the front springs on here if your not adding front weight. Have fun ask more if you need to.
I have this lift and i originally had a spacer lift, i only made it 6 months with the spacer lift before i couldnt take it anymore. Also im poor so buying things twice is not a luxury i usually have so dont make that mistake.

Back