misfire?

Pablo Paga

This is my first time posting. But I finally need some advice. My 2002 2.7L Tacoma 4 X 4 has had a multiple misfire codes. And had the common O2 sensor also. I replaced the O2 sensor but after a few miles the lite came back on. I have had a miss when first starting it up for about a year now. It clears up in only a few seconds and seems to run just fine. But in the last few days it has started a kind of low speed missing and slight jerking.

I really don't think it is a miss fire because of anything electronic. I'm thinking maybe the fuel filter. Toyota claims that the filter shouldn't need replacing. However this truck has 350K on it. I bought it brand new and have been the only driver. I know every sound and feeling this thing can give me.

Any suggestions?IMG_3100.JPG

A quick up date....If anyone cares....I finally did replace the fuel filter. With the help of a few youtube videos. Most suggested removing the fuel lines from the fender well and from the injector rail. I didn't do that. It was not THAT hard once the front wheel was removed and rubber flap folded out of the way. The bracket mounting bolts were a little challenging. But not to bad. Just make sure not to loose the washer/gaskets on the filter banjo nuts. My filter came with new, but saw that some don't. Any way. It no longer has the miss. I had a feeling this was the fix. With 17 years of fuel running through and 350K miles, no way it wasn't getting blocked. Anyone considering doing this job on there own. I'd say it is not THAT hard to do. Go for it.

Well,,,,,,as this kinda thing goes,,,,,just when I thought the miss fire was gone, it's back. I started it up yesterday morning and it seemed liked it was running on 3 cylinders for about 20 seconds. It clears up quickly. I haven't seen a "check engine" lite yet.

I sure could use some advice.

Back