Moon Roof .... No Bug \ Sun Screen??

StevO

Hello Taco Heads,
I'm new to the forum, and a brand new owner of a 2023 TRD Sport.

Soooo I have to ask. Why would you have the option of a moon roof without the added benefit of a bug \ sun screen built into it? So the question is .....is there a mod, or accessory thingy to add a Bug \ Sun Screen to the moon roof?

I know there are the outside magnetic screens but I have been looking for one that works from the inside, maybe even stays in the slider cover and just gets put in place when you leave it open.

Have a great rest of the week and fantastic weekend!

Sounds like buyer's remorse.

I understand OFF makes a combined product of bug repellent and sunscreen.

To answer your question......never heard of such a product. Have you asked at the dealer??? Dealers have all sorts of accessories.

First of all, not being keen on those moon, or sun roofs, whatever you call them...eventually they all leak, or have some issue at least where I live. Bug repellent is only temporary...what you need is one of those electric bug zappers.

Last edited:
Hello Taco Heads,
I'm new to the forum, and a brand new owner of a 2023 TRD Sport.

Soooo I have to ask. Why would you have the option of a moon roof without the added benefit of a bug \ sun screen built into it? So the question is .....is there a mod, or accessory thingy to add a Bug \ Sun Screen to the moon roof?

I know there are the outside magnetic screens but I have been looking for one that works from the inside, maybe even stays in the slider cover and just gets put in place when you leave it open.

Have a great rest of the week and fantastic weekend!
Pictures ?

Sounds like buyer's remorse.

I understand OFF makes a combined product of bug repellent and sunscreen.

To answer your question......never heard of such a product. Have you asked at the dealer??? Dealers have all sorts of accessories.
Hey Rock 62,
Thanks for the reply. That made me laugh. Buyer remorse with a Tacoma? Never :) I've looked and they don't. I guess I'll have to make one. Have a good one!

First of all, not being on those moon, or sun roofs, whatever you call them...eventually they all leak, or have some issue at least where I live. Bug repellent is only temporary...what you need is one of those electric bug zappers.
Hello TacoJoel,
That also made me laugh! Yeah It's not what I originally wanted the Sunroof but pickings are slim in my area. I had to retire my 2009 TRD Sport. This had everything I originally wanted.... and the moonroof :confused: lets hope it doesn't leak.

Hey Rock 62,
Thanks for the reply. That made me laugh. Buyer remorse with a Tacoma? Never :) I've looked and they don't. I guess I'll have to make one. Have a good one!

Hello TacoJoel,
That also made me laugh! Yeah It's not what I originally wanted the Sunroof but pickings are slim in my area. I had to retire my 2009 TRD Sport. This had everything I originally wanted.... and the moonroof :confused: lets hope it doesn't leak.
What about me StevO ? :oops:

Back