Motorcycle HID Kit in a car/truck

Bearchell

There's plenty of info on why you can't throw a car/truck hid kit into a bike (different electrical system on the bike), but nothing for the opposite (bike into truck).

I found a good quality set for cheap from a guy on Craigslist and wonder if I would run into any draw backs or issues putting the bike's kit into my truck.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any idea at all?

Thanks in advance guys!

2006 TRD OR AC Tacoma

Not in the fog lights.

Right now I have the cheapo HID plug and plays in my headlights (in the truck) and I wanted to upgrade to projectors and put the cheapo set in some off road lights. The set of bike HID's I'm looking at are projectors with halos that some guy is selling. I'm assuming they should work, but I wanted to try and make sure first.

2006 TRD OR AC Tacoma

I got mine on Ebay for $36-38.00 each set kit 6000K bulbs, H4 for head light and H11 for foglight 35 Watt Ballast, four ballast and four bulbs for my 2013 Tacoma ! Works Great,easy installs of plug and play , made in Germany kits, brands are Gertec from nissangtrpower on Ebay ! Great customer service,I recommend 6000K for brightest kit !Includes everything ! I love them ! tell them chris and bob goudin sent you for better service and deals ,I also got sets 9006 and 9005 6000K 35watts for wifes Rav4 2010 !

I believe you're referring to the plug and play HID's rather than HID projectors.

For anyone interested, I went for it, only difference is the bike lot has two control relays rather than one. Also, once fitted, they're aimed significantly lower. This could be standard for projector retrofits or specific to these because they are for a cbr but they are high enough to be adjusted to spec... Just.

2006 TRD OR AC Tacoma

Back