Mouse problems

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Cape taco, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Has anyone had the mouse nest down in the blocks valley ? My neighbor has a new off road and was driving down the road and it died brought it to dealer and they found mice had chewed some wires down in the center of motor and it cost a 1000 k to fix and Toyota said not covered under warranty , there is a class action suit against Toyota ? He said the trucks were built. and stored in a field in California ., Anaheim maybe ? It happened to hundreds of them. Weird ? wtf step up Toyota

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Haven’t heard that. Always will get mice and chipmunks though.

4. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Yep I went to check the air filter in our Camry yesterday and it was full of insulation & dog food. . Yep.. Dog food. At least when I checked the Tacoma it only had about 5 pieces of dog food. I'm gonna kill every last one of them sons a bitchez..

B-Man and Rocket tech like this.
  5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Yes there was a thread started. I’ll try to find it.

6. OR17TRD

7. OP
    Cape taco

No this was in the valley of the engine block ! They took the plastic cover off the motor in with a flash light look down the center of if and there is wires there .there was a nest and chewed wires ill see if I can get pictures from him he has a 2017 .taco off road . not cabin dwellers .

8. OR17TRD

Try use spicy seasonings and hot oils, pepper, peppermint, cayenne pepper, teatree things that will detour them from wanting to hang out.
    I had a raccoon issue on my property and I took course ground pepper by the pounds and dumped it all along my property line and around the trees they liked to climb. When there little wet paws step in the pepper it sticks to them, they clean them with their tongue and get a taste of hotness. Needless to say I haven’t seen a raccon on my property since.

9. OP
    Cape taco

Maybe they will be at the door with tacos for more pepper !:eek:

Bogunn likes this.
  10. OR17TRD

And asking for a massage with the hot oils :D

Bogunn likes this.
  11. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

.17 HMR. Problem solved.

B-Man likes this.
  12. OR17TRD

Thought about that. I was also going to trap them fill my garbage can up with water put the trap in and close the lid for a few minutes. But... Not a big fan of killing things I’m not going to eat unless it’s in self defense. Didn’t feel threatened by them and definitely wasn’t going to eat them. It worked out better for them.

Bogunn likes this.
  13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

You’ve got a big heart. ASPCA and PETA thank you.
    I don’t kill things I’m not going to eat either unless it’s a common pest that I can’t get rid of otherwise.

B-Man and OR17TRD like this.
  14. OR17TRD

Oh believe me if they didn’t leave things would have got ugly. I’m glad they figure out they weren’t welcome.

Bogunn likes this.
  15. Lauren Howard

Lauren Howard New Member

Hope no other damage the mice had done to your accessories. The damage that Mice can create is not going to prevent you from an infestation but it will help prevent even more damages. Electric wires are one of the most favorite things rodents like to nip on, which may lead into damages of wires. To get rid of such damages the only solution is to contact professional exterminator like rodent exterminator NYC and to have a permanant solution on this rodent problem.

16. Funnyguy713

Funnyguy713 Active Member

Have so many Damn cats in my neighborhood for mice.

What can I use to get rid of cats?

17. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

A gun

B-Man, Bogunn and lcarrasco212 like this.
  18. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

Alka seltzer, anti freeze

B-Man, Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  19. OR17TRD

A dog

Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  20. Funnyguy713

Funnyguy713 Active Member

Got one of those, sure don't see any cats in the backyard.

Only dead birds and possums.
    20180701_183923.jpg

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  21. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

Nice dog!!