MPG Question

DougMatson

I have a 13' Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport, auto trans no mods other than TRD exhaust. I have 10k on it and have checked every fill up since new. I mostly drive around town and get between 10.5 to 12mpg, on the freeway at 80 I get just over 20mpg. Is this normal? If I drive around town like my 92 yr old mother does I get about 12, if I drive it as fast as I want it goes to 10.5, I live in SoCal so I know our gas is not as great as else where but this is worse than my old V8 Tundra! Anything i can do to improve this?

I have a 2015 4X4 V6 auto and get 12-13 around town and 16-17 on highway. Average around 14-15. I would get better mileage if I put the stock tires and wheels on as my 18" wheels and 33" tires hurt mileage.

I have a 2017 TRD sport and I drive around like a 90 year old man. Been getting 24 to 25.5 that is combined highway and city.20170502_160810.jpg

You better check the Old fashion way. I've found those electronic devices to be off as much as 6 mpg.

You better check the Old fashion way. I've found those electronic devices to be off as much as 6 mpg.

Agree, they tend to be on the high side. Nothing better than crunching the numbers several time to be accurate.

Back