Mpg read after 400 miles

mcliebermam

I hooked one of those readers to the truck and have been bluetoothing data to my phone. The past 400 miles I've been getting amazing mpg. 26 mpg combined, I do both hwy and city. Very happy so far! 4 banger 4x2

Just took a 40 mile trip, included some hwy, some back country roads, and some stop and go traffic lights. Averaged 33.4 mpg on the trip. I am starting to think the reader is wrong because that is incredibly good!!!

Just took a 40 mile trip, included some hwy, some back country roads, and some stop and go traffic lights. Averaged 33.4 mpg on the trip. I am starting to think the reader is wrong because that is incredibly good!!!
Agreed, that does not sound accurate. I use an app on my phone called Fuelio but there are other app options or Fuelly.com

Obviously this is not for real time mpg but mpg at every tank fill for the last tank.

I don't know how much the engine has changed, but in my '12 4 cyl. , over close to 4000 miles I only get 20 or just under. That's doing the math by hand off the pump gallons and the spedo miles. Mine is 4wd though.

Back