Muffler delete

OreoCat

Does anyone here have one? I want to have a dual exhaust fabricated along with no muffler. Will it still pass smog?

Does anyone here have one? I want to have a dual exhaust fabricated along with no muffler. Will it still pass smog?

True duals will probably NOT pass smog since ur tampering with the ypipe... i could be wrong.

Muffler deletes dont mean **** to smog, hack away.

Just curious why ur looking to spend the fab time and money into this instead of just doing a muffler r&r with dual outs.

If looks.... makes sense i guess.
If hp, doubt itll help.

True duals will probably NOT pass smog since ur tampering with the ypipe... i could be wrong.

Muffler deletes dont mean **** to smog, hack away.

Just curious why ur looking to spend the fab time and money into this instead of just doing a muffler r&r with dual outs.

If looks.... makes sense i guess.
If hp, doubt itll help.
Just looking to cut down weight, get slightly louder, have a dual exhaust and keep costs down

Just looking to cut down weight, get slightly louder, have a dual exhaust and keep costs down
So u want twice the tubing to save weight?

And custom fabbing to save monies?

Honestly, its ur money, but a super10 will be loud, and its so small it will save weight i suppose.

Besides the fact you are in California which has the tightest pollution/smog laws there really is no big advantage to removing the muffler. May increase a little top end but you will lose bottom end torque which is already horrible. If you want to open up exhaust you need to also look at increased intake. They go hand in hand. Just my 2 cents.

Besides the fact you are in California which has the tightest pollution/smog laws there really is no big advantage to removing the muffler. May increase a little top end but you will lose bottom end torque which is already horrible. If you want to open up exhaust you need to also look at increased intake. They go hand in hand. Just my 2 cents.
And by increased intake, i dont think Ken means some aftermarket intake.

Back