My 2017 Tacoma was hit by a kamikaze branch....

WildlifeChick

So......the pine tree beside my house survived the "1,000 year flood" and Hurricane Matthew (here in SC) IMG_8815.jpgIMG_8799.jpgbut a random branch decided to land on the roof of my new Tacoma. I took it to the shop, insurance paid to have it fixed, and after a month, I picked it up today. Long story short: I'm madder than a T-Rex trying to do push-ups!!! I have to take it back for them to repair my back glass, new windshield, and a bunch of scratches. 1st question: is there a gasket or lining at the top of the windshield where it meets the roof panel? 2nd question: Is the lining that covers the back windshield adhered to the body or are you supposed to be able to lift it up? IMG_8814.jpg like so? I tested out my neighbor's 2015 Tacoma and his is sealed......his windshield has a rubber lining or something at the top...

Here's a picture of the top of mine. If that helps...image1.JPG The back seal is normal says my buddy tad. He's the friendly neighborhood wasp helping me. image2.JPG

So......the pine tree beside my house survived the "1,000 year flood" and Hurricane Matthew (here in SC) View attachment 11878View attachment 11879but a random branch decided to land on the roof of my new Tacoma. I took it to the shop, insurance paid to have it fixed, and after a month, I picked it up today. Long story short: I'm madder than a T-Rex trying to do push-ups!!! I have to take it back for them to repair my back glass, new windshield, and a bunch of scratches. 1st question: is there a gasket or lining at the top of the windshield where it meets the roof panel? 2nd question: Is the lining that covers the back windshield adhered to the body or are you supposed to be able to lift it up? View attachment 11877 like so? I tested out my neighbor's 2015 Tacoma and his is sealed......his windshield has a rubber lining or something at the top...
If you're not happy with there work make sure you have them fix it so you're happy. No one needs to be as mad as a T-Rex trying to do push-ups.

Hahahaha thanks! So there is like a rubber gasket/lining there on the windshield. I like your helper!!! Glad you like pollinators!
Yes there seems to be an outer rubber seal around the rear window. Tad's not much of a pollinator he's more of an ass hole scavenger. Helpful none the less when it comes to Tacoma rear window gaskets.

All repair threads should be so funny.
Had to bump it because...well you know...

Back