My brakes make noise when pressed.

Jakuzzi

For the past 2 years of my 5 year ownership of my 2015 Tacoma, my rear (stupid drums) brakes make a metal clunk noise at the instant I touch the pedal. It only happens after regaining momentum and pressing the brakes again. If I am braking at a stop light and let off and then press again, it doesn’t make the noise the second press. Only after accelerating then braking will it do this. I take my truck to the dealership for service and they never mentioned anything about it, nor did I ask. But I am sure they would see any problem if they checked out my brakes. Can it have something to do with the parking/emergency brake?? Maybe stretched it out? I do use it everywhere I park.

Sounds to me like maybe something is loose. I also have a 2015 and never hear anything from my brakes. Did you specifically ask the dealer to check the rear brakes for noise or just assume they would check them during normal service?

Sounds to me like maybe something is loose. I also have a 2015 and never hear anything from my brakes. Did you specifically ask the dealer to check the rear brakes for noise or just assume they would check them during normal service?

I assumed they would notice a problem since they do tell me how much brakes I have left. They have to actually look in there, right? Anyway, I will ask them about it the next service run.

I assumed they would notice a problem since they do tell me how much brakes I have left. They have to actually look in there, right? Anyway, I will ask them about it the next service run.
A test drive by a service tech would be better than a look at the brakes without removal of rear drums. Visual of disc brakes is easy VS drums.

Back