My New Taco

Crewdog67

Hello everyone ! So I’m finally getting another Toyota pickup. Just waiting for the dealership to get it ready. 2017 White TRD Sport access cab. 3.5L auto. Last Toyota I bought New was my 91 Extracab Delux 3.0 5 speed. I did manage to get 18 years out of her before the body rotted off the frame. I can thank the new England winters for that. So here’s my question; I had 31.5 BFG ATs mounted to Cragar chrome wagon wheel rims. No rub except at max turn slow speed over bumps. Rancho shocks and steering stabilizer only suspension mods. Looked great. No issues ever. My new Taco has the stock Toyo 265/65R17s. They look symmetrical to the truck, or sized right, but would like to go a bit bigger. Stock just doesn’t look right. My 91came with 225 desert duelers on stock steel rims. Way too small. How big a tire can I go up to, on the stock rims, for now, without having any rubbing or clearance issues. Thnks for your help.

Hello everyone ! So I’m finally getting another Toyota pickup. Just waiting for the dealership to get it ready. 2017 White TRD Sport access cab. 3.5L auto. Last Toyota I bought New was my 91 Extracab Delux 3.0 5 speed. I did manage to get 18 years out of her before the body rotted off the frame. I can thank the new England winters for that. So here’s my question; I had 31.5 BFG ATs mounted to Cragar chrome wagon wheel rims. No rub except at max turn slow speed over bumps. Rancho shocks and steering stabilizer only suspension mods. Looked great. No issues ever. My new Taco has the stock Toyo 265/65R17s. They look symmetrical to the truck, or sized right, but would like to go a bit bigger. Stock just doesn’t look right. My 91came with 225 desert duelers on stock steel rims. Way too small. How big a tire can I go up to, on the stock rims, for now, without having any rubbing or clearance issues. Thnks for your help.
265 70 r17

Congrats on the new taco. Post some pictures when you take it home. Welcome to the forum.

Back