Name your Truck

:laughing:

We all have names for our trucks I call mine the Golden Taco since it's Desert Sand Mica in color. Yeah, I got the rare color people refer it as old man tan. Wasn't my choice of color but the price was right.

I really didn't have much of a choice I had to buy in kinda a hurry. This one was there and others were looking at it so pulled the trigger. Glad I did. Low mileage, 4x4, 6 speed, access cab. Everything I wanted just not the color. I had just lost the dealer loaner after they cut me the check for my PreRunner and still had to pay for a rental for about 10 days. Plus it was x-mas time so finding a Taco that wasn't in the process of being sold was hard enough. I'm happy with her. Had her since Jan and she's solid.

My PreRunner suffered frame failure Dec 17th '12 and was covered under warranty. Toyota bought it back, bluebook plus 1/2 and gave me a free loaner for 3 weeks. Took 3 weeks of daily looking to find this one. Then 10 days for the check to clear the bank. So this truck is paid off like my PreRunner was. :)

That was my thoughts, I needed wheels and got what I wanted just not color wise. But the color does hide dirt well. And I do get lots of comps on it. So I can live with the color. Got rid of most the chrome so it does look better now.

Yeah I just bought my truck memorial weekend unfortunately not paid off at all lol. First taco ever been a Toyota fan since I was a kid, worked at Toyota for 3 years. I'm in love with my truck but on a budget so slowly will get things done to her. First thing is to get rid of the chrome.

Needless to say I am now able to own my dream vehicle. :) Now to just make it look like what I want her to.

I hear ya budget, same here. Reason I turned that check around and bought this one. I basically had a free truck for 12 years. LOL! So mods are as I get the money. But I'm cool with doing some here some there. I've done a complete tune-up and changed all the oils out next will be lube job and soon some Bilstein 5100's for lift & level. Done a lot of cheap mods to be ready for off road runs starting next month.

That's awesome you'll have let me know what you do I'm looking into those 5100s. Where you located at?

I'm in Kansas. I just read where you asked about the 5100's I'm looking at the same place to buy. DSM. I'm going to check a 4x4 place here in town where I know a guy that will give me a family discount to compare price.

Back