Nav issues

Cape taco

How come the voice on my nav keeps cutting in and out like your trying to get rid of someone on the cell phone you don't want to talk to anymore?

A little research my wife did said the GPS wire can come loose at the back of the head unit . That's what she said ! Lol ill have to do more investigating

With my truck the antenna wire was either shorted or had an open circuit in it, causing the head unit to fry. The head unit in my truck listed for around $3K.

If your truck is in warranty, bring it back to the dealer to make a paper trail should the unit go south in the future.

I’m taking my 2017 in tomorrow for them to replace the head unit for the 3rd time to fix the same problem it had when new. (Bluetooth phone causes low-mid-high to reset to middle after 1-3 calls.) They CND’ed it for over a year before I really pressed to test and called the service manager and asked for Toyota’s number. since then, multiple reprogram, 2 head units, and an amp. [emoji52]

I’m taking my 2017 in tomorrow for them to replace the head unit for the 3rd time to fix the same problem it had when new. (Bluetooth phone causes low-mid-high to reset to middle after 1-3 calls.) They CND’ed it for over a year before I really pressed to test and called the service manager and asked for Toyota’s number. since then, multiple reprogram, 2 head units, and an amp. [emoji52]
WTF!. I'd yell about that one ! Texas red

In MA. if u bring something into the dealer 3 times I think for the same issue there is some type of Lemon law , they used to have to replace the vehicle , but not sure if it is still a law .

Texas has a lemon law too. My bad, tho. I screwed around for a year before I got serious. It was so intermittent and I never saw anyone else with the problem that I thought it was something I was doing. So the time limit ran out. [emoji849]
It went from every blue moon to pretty much every call. [emoji53]
Extended warranty covers me tho.
Honestly, other than this, I am 100% satisfied with the truck.

Back