Navagation update for 2016 Taco

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by dean04102, Jan 7, 2019.

1. dean04102

dean04102 New Member

Where can I find the update for the navigation system on my 2016 Tacoma. Do I need a new micro card or can I download thru the usb drive?? help Dealer ship was krazy expensive

texasred, OR17TRD, Bogunn and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! There are SD cards for sale at the dealer.....also seen them on e-bay.....they're expensive......replaces the one inside the little door on the lower right corner of your radio.

texasred likes this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

As far as I know the only update is like @ B Man said. With the micro sd. I had a 17 and the 18 I own now is updated way better.

texasred and B-Man like this.
  5. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Use your phone. It's more accurate and cheaper.

6. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I personally like road maps! LOL I'm old school!

7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Thomas guide :D

texasred, TucsonSteve and B-Man like this.
  8. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I like those FREE ones at the travel stops. LOL

9. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

We had a group of riders going to South Dakota.....emailed SDDOT and had them mail me 50 maps of the Black Hills for all of us. FREE! LOL

10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Haha. You probably have a collection of cheap restaurant maps at the house.
    I keep a road atlas and topographical map in the truck and a compass. Never know.
    On or off road.

11. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Technology can fail

12. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

LOL.....I do have some of those restaurant maps.......I even think I have a couple menus too! LOL

Bogunn and texasred like this.
  13. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

It’s way more fun with a paper map. Good atlas is like a sore peter hard to beat

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  14. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha! I havent heard that analagy in years.

Lil G and B-Man like this.
  15. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Lol my grandpa used it all the time. He was a rough ole dude . But he used analogies all the time. The older I get I’m figuring out why he was always grumpy. He was sore and old. He died at 92 in 1998. So he saw some ****. So he was a grumpy old bastard all my life

Atomic Diesel, OR17TRD and B-Man like this.
  16. dionnys

dionnys Member

I use waze on my cellphone. I do not trust the truck GPS a couple of time sugested me to make a turn into a wrong way street. GPS is only a support always use common sense.

Lil G likes this.