Need advice on head unit please

Lloydbm4

Hello. Recently bought a 2019 SR5 (non-JBL stereo version) and looking to replace the head unit with an aftermarket unit.

Does anyone have recommendations for something that will maintain the backup camera and still continue to use the buttons on the steering wheel for controlling volume, calls, switching stations, etc?

I'm new to this so apologize. I'm looking to spend $550 or less. Thank you in advance.

There are several YouTube videos of guys praising those inexpensive android head units. Less than $200 for 7-9 inch touch screens and they are equipped with Apple car play and android auto. DVD player, nav and all the above. Most do have video inputs for backup camera and accept remote steering wheel controls. I’ve looked at a couple Incase my factory unit takes a dump on me

Look into a iDatalink Maestro. It gives you everything you need to retain the factory functions and it just plugs into the truck's wiring. It can also give you a readout like a Scangauge and retains the factory setting selections if you get the right headunit.

Best place to purchase since they include everything: https://www.crutchfield.com/

Look into a iDatalink Maestro. It gives you everything you need to retain the factory functions and it just plugs into the truck's wiring. It can also give you a readout like a Scangauge and retains the factory setting selections if you get the right headunit.

Best place to purchase since they include everything: https://www.crutchfield.com/

That’s awesome whip. I didn’t even know that existed. Very cool.
The scangauge readings are worth the install.

Hello. Recently bought a 2019 SR5 (non-JBL stereo version) and looking to replace the head unit with an aftermarket unit.

Does anyone have recommendations for something that will maintain the backup camera and still continue to use the buttons on the steering wheel for controlling volume, calls, switching stations, etc?

I'm new to this so apologize. I'm looking to spend $550 or less. Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

That’s awesome whip. I didn’t even know that existed. Very cool.
The scangauge readings are worth the install.

I wish it was around when I changed the headunit on my Tacoma. I had to splice for VSS, reverse signal and steering wheel controls.

I will use it int he Runner for sure. It will even let me adjust dealer only options that are not available to adjust through the headunit.

Back